Light-O-Rama Forums

Timecode Sync

bestone

Has anyone figured out a way to successfully sync the S3 software with timecode? Or provide timecode to other devices (Fireworks, Lasers, ProTools)?

I assume you are talking about SMPTE. S3 does not support it, nor does it accept it as a timing source. Chances are, if you are using SMPTE, the tools you have already are going to be much more sophisticated than S3.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, SMPTE. The show will be stand alone for most of December, meaning running on Lightorama only. A few dates they are wanting to incorporate other elements such Lasers and Fireworks. You are correct in that those systems are more sophisticated but Lightorama is what they have to work with for their light display. Thanks again for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

bestone,

I've done a lot of work with SMPTE gen sync and synchronizing non-time coded sources in a broadcast production environment. There are some "cheats" that might work for you that I've used from time to time. If you wouldn't mind giving a better description of where're your deriving your time code and how you need to use it to sync the pyro, lasers, etc... I might spin my beanie cap propeller and offer a workable solution.

What comes to immediate mind is dedicating one or more LOR channels with 120VAC form "C" relays to trigger the pyro, lasers, and other devices or visa versa to trigger the LOR show. I'm sure there's other workarounds to be considered if I understood your goals better.