Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with 5050 LEd strip to read

Lights_on_light_st_ct

I have 5050 LED strip , I have the attaching wire to extend it but what do i connect to the LOR 16 channell box to connect the RGB 5050 LED ? is it the DMX (if so where do i get the piece to convert the 4 wire RGB LED into the round DMX connecter, or is there something else

I use a 16 channel lor dc board and you use 3 channels for each strip so red channel 1+ green channel 2+ blue channel 3+ and connect the last wire to any of the negs from either 3 channels but you can use DMX but I don't know how that works maybe someone will reply with that answer

I really suggest you give the "AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual" a good read. It will answer most, if not all, your DMX/RGB, Ribbon/Pixels questions. Link--> http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?board=51.0

You will have to register into their forum first but it's very easy and these guys are a wealth of information.

Don't forget that the 5050 ribbons are 12volt(or 5 volt) DC and a regular LOR PC16 is 120 volt AC, so if strictly using LOR then the LOR CMB-16DC(plus separate power supply) is needed. BUT- check out the above mentioned Manuel for more (and IMHO, easier) options.

Regards,

Edited by SoCalJimH

I use a 16 channel lor dc board and you use 3 channels for each strip so red channel 1+ green channel 2+ blue channel 3+ and connect the last wire to any of the negs from either 3 channels but you can use DMX but I don't know how that works maybe someone will reply with that answer

sorry i got that wrong red green and blue goes to the - terminals on channel 1,2 and 3 and the last wire goes on one on the +terminal of ether 1,2,3 and the next strip on 5,6,7 and so on

so 5 strips to one 16 channel board and channel 16 left spare

I really suggest you give the "AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual" a good read. It will answer most, if not all, your DMX/RGB, Ribbon/Pixels questions. Link--> http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?board=51.0

You will have to register into their forum first but it's very easy and these guys are a wealth of information.

Don't forget that the 5050 ribbons are 12volt(or 5 volt) DC and a regular LOR PC16 is 120 volt AC, so if strictly using LOR then the LOR CMB-16DC(plus separate power supply) is needed. BUT- check out the above mentioned Manuel for more (and IMHO, easier) options.

Regards,

Specifically check

Page 21 - Dumb RGB control