Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualiser calls

markha1

I think I might have this in the wrong place, but here it goes. It is a S3 problem.." I think!" When I open a sequence in the sequence editor I get an error " Visualizer cannot find file XXX.XXXX.XXXX"

I don't have any visualizer files, nor have I ever worked with them so I don't understand what the Sequence editor is looking for. The error dosn't seem to effect the sequence edit but I am concerned about the show playing correctly. I am cutting and pasting bits and pices from other sequences that are out there. If some one can help me to remove the visualizer file attached to the sequence or where to look that would be a lot of help.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Newbe's sheesh whatcha gunna do :rolleyes:

Ok, now that we have this in the right area, lets work on the problem.

The visualizer and the sequence editor have NO code in common. What is the EXACT error message you are getting? Word for word, and make sure you are not confusing the ANIMATOR for the VISUALIZER (they are 2 different things).

Background image file does not exist:

G:Light-O-Rama\Sequence\Visualizer Tutorial\HC4\etc.jpg

the box pops up when opening the sequence for editing. I don't know if it will any where else, I'm still in the edit phase.

You are seeing an error message from the animator view, not the visualizer. As Mike pointed out, they are two different programs.

While it will have zero effect on the sequence playing properly, it is rather a rather annoying error. What is the error, exactly? When you create your animation view, you have the option of putting in a background photograph. You mention that you are using bits and pieces of other sequences, thus I suspect that one of the sequences you borrowed has a background image (originally) in the animation view. Since you don't have the image on your computer, you are getting the error message.

How to fix? You can click on the animation view icon (or view->animation) and select another image. After you do that, the 'remove' button will be active, and you can clear out the image from the sequence (And the error will go away.)