Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie lots of questions,,

blklabman_1

Just ordered 4 Controllers, spk-st Generic Starter Package Advanced Software, iDMX1000 , RJ-XLR-3PIN-MALE, RJ-XLR-3PIN-FEMALE, pair of CMB16D-QC boards, and a lor/dmx Crossover adapter. I'm wanting what eles do I need to run a few rgb dumb stings this year . E1.31 next year. I'm in need of some guideance.

Thanks all,

Having started this year myself - I'd suggest sketching out a test network with your first, or core set of light elements. Use those to begin to develop your network - and importantly get experience getting all the components to connect/operate. Hopefully you have experience in general LOR sequencing - if not check the learning sections here, and at the LOR website. Lots of good video's to teach the how-to's

What do you plan on controlling the dumb RGB strings with? LOR controllers or DMX controllers? You purchased the iDMX, why? Are you going to use it? If we have a little better idea of what you plan on doing with everything we can certainly help you out and steer you in the right direction.

Greg

Greg,

I'm open to any help. It's a litte over my head right now. I'm just going to dumb strings out this year ( a pair of small Christmas tress). with some dumb modules. in a couple of other things. But next year I would like to Smart string around the house. With a Cosmic Ribbon tree.

I'm I going about this the wrong way?

Rick

• The topic was locked