Light-O-Rama Forums

GE Color Effects...worth it?

mattpatt

Well, I was at Hobby Lobby today (bad mistake) looking at what all Christmas stuff they have out and saw some G35s (the 25 light version) setting on the shelf for $49.99. I just happen to have a 40% off coupon that I could use that would bring the cost down to around $33 after tax. My question... Is it worth it? My understanding is that most people are using the E681 to control these so that would be another $120. So roughly $150 to add another element to my display plus the time to sequence. Or should I wait until the day after Christmas sales and hope to pick some up for 75% off somewhere?

Matt

I have been happy with mine but I paid $20 per set of 36. If all you were looking at for this season is that 1 set, I would hold off and see what next year brings.

$1.18 to $1.32 per GECE bulb seems to be common. A little less, around $1.00, if gotten at right time. Don't forget to add the cost of a decent power supply ($12 to $35) Don't forget, you can add more strings onto that E681 later as your show grows.

• The topic was locked