Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Dongle

MikeA

Do you have a USB485 for Lor that is not in use? If so then you have a DMX dongle. As well you can purchase another one inexpensively and have a universe to play with.

Yeah the cheapest route would be to go with the LOR USB adapter. You will need an adapter to convert between the pinouts from LOR to DMX. (I happen to know someone who has one). The other options, while more expensive but certainly work, are the ENTTEC adapters, which work just fine.

I always recommend the the USB485, the LOR/DMX Adapter and the the S3 software...simple, easy and it just works.

I was planning on using my LOR USB485 for my LOR controllers. I want to create a 2nd output for my DMX. I will have multiple controllers in the future so I wanted to buy right, right now.

I was also told that a 3 year old USB485 probably won't work for DMX.

I was planning on using my LOR USB485 for my LOR controllers. I want to create a 2nd output for my DMX. I will have multiple controllers in the future so I wanted to buy right, right now.

I was also told that a 3 year old USB485 probably won't work for DMX.

There was a discussion earlier in the year with Dan about the USB ones that would and wouldnt work. As for the best way to know, buy a new one. They are cheap and work. All you need is a crossover cable, I think Ponddude can get you setup with one.

Yes, the version 1 dongles do not work...or at least they do not work consistently enough to be used. Aren't the dongles on sale now? It would be a good time to get a new one at a lower price. Any of the current USB adapters will work just fine.

Shoot me a PM if you need help getting it setup or a crossover cable.

Greg

I have had rock solid results from: http://dmxking.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=26&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

I have several of these and the Enttec Pro and they are identical. Never a problem.

For $39, it's a great deal. Ships quickly also.

At one of the LOR training classes, I picked up a DMX Fusion Pro from Holiday Technologies: http://www.holidaytechnologies.com/catalog/product.php?id_product=58 and it has a built in Cat5 jack that the others don't. Cost $125

These are all solid products that work the same reliable way.

• The topic was locked