Light-O-Rama Forums

Running just DMX with S3

smartone1971

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could run just DMX lights with S3 and not run any LOR controllers?

I have S3 advanced edition and an EnTTec open DMX, but can't get S3 to run the lights.

any help would be very appreciated.

Yes, that is acceptable. However, you may need to have hooked up an LOR USB Dongle at least once so that it can install all the required drivers.

Hey Thanks guys, the drivers where on there. but no matter what i did it wouldn't run the lights. so thought I would plug the LOR USB485 adapter in and there you go. lights started working.

thanks again.

P.S. now I can do a light show for a wedding next wednesday.

Check if you have a regular network, or any USB connected network defined, but not plugged in. That will cause play lights to unselect, and possibly not work correctly as well when using DMX from the sequence editor.

If you remove the definitions for that LOR adapter, you should be able to do DMX only.

help i have lynx express controllers flashed dmx and lynx usb dongle flashed dmx can't make it talk to controllers not sure how to define channel for each light string so it will flash lights