Light-O-Rama Forums

Running Winows Vista And I Now Get This Error Message

ezimnow

I get this when I try to run LOR sequence editor...2.94...

when click 'ok' I get "failed to load control 'vbalexplorerbarctl' from vbalexpbar6.ocx, your version of vbalexpbar6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application

Anybody ever see this?

I've never personally seen anything like that. But then, with Windows Vista ANYTHING is possible. The only problem is most of it isn't something you want to happen.

I get this when I try to run LOR sequence editor...2.94...

when click 'ok' I get "failed to load control 'vbalexplorerbarctl' from vbalexpbar6.ocx, your version of vbalexpbar6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application

Anybody ever see this?

It has come up a time or two on the forums. Generally speaking, removing the Light-O-Rama software, running the LOR Registry Wipe program, and then re-installing the program seems to have worked.

The Registry Wipe for 2.9.4 is here. This will remove all LOR items from your Windows Registry. You will also want to download a fresh copy of the software, just to be on the safe side. You can download 2.9.4 here.

Be sure to back up your audio and sequences directories! While removing the program shouldn't affect those directories, it never hurts to have a backup.

Thank you that worked...I happened to google it and found that Forum...Thank you for that response Dan I am back up and running!

Thank you that worked...I happened to google it and found that Forum...Thank you for that response Dan I am back up and running!

Dan, Don, whatever :D