Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Is Everyone At

Arnoldc

I'm sitting here flipping a coin to see if I buy more LOR stuff, or work with what I got

I say Heads you WIN!!! Buy more stuff.

Only gets more expensive next year.

Well, if I would quit switching my darn display around, I might be getting some where

+1.

I've resigned myself to sequencing. I'll finish props as time allows. Props are built, I just have to light them, 1120 LEDs in coro is gonna take awhile. That's just 1 prop. Mega and spiral will get lights as I set-up. Still need to finish 3 mini trees and a Horizontal fire stick and put the CCPs on the ray tree. Now back to sequencing. Good luck all.

Waiting for the holiday season is where I'm at... Although I'm sure we've all been there before. This will be my first year running a lor show, but I have all my lights stocked up and ready, I believe I have four Christmas sequences all programmed and ready to go. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to start working on any Halloween sequences, but I have all the decorations close to ready. So in other words I need to get to work on programming.

Cheers to everyones' displays

JF1993

This is first year for me. 32chs. I have completed 4 song so far. My problem is that as I complete more songs I notice they look better in the visualizer. So then I have to go back to the first couple of songs and tweek them. So as i try to progress I keep moving back.

This is first year for me. 32chs. I have completed 4 song so far. My problem is that as I complete more songs I notice they look better in the visualizer. So then I have to go back to the first couple of songs and tweek them. So as i try to progress I keep moving back.

Just wait till next year. I've been going back to mine from last year.

I keep asking myself what kid did my sequencing. O--wait it was me.

They look so bad compared to what i can do now. At the end of the day it doesn't matter because everyone that saw my show last year loved it.

Here's to more SMILES for this year.

Finished resequencing one of last years songs. 2 spiral trees built. 1 arch built, 4 circles. Testing arch and circles this weekend. Sequencing what I can, when I can. Backup plan is to use my sequences from last year. So no pressure to hurry up and get everything done.

as i'm just getting started in this addiction it's slow going ; getting all i needed to put it all together

with all the other stuff i have to do for my family

i will just have to cross my fingers an pray i get it all in place in time for this season :D:P:)

i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to get this off the ground this season or not (problems popping up with my mom) family comes first :blink::wacko: Edited by greywolf

I'm down to the last three fixtures/props being fabricated now. 27 songs fully sequenced and ready to run. Putting up the mega-tree for the first time will be an experience and hoping my design works. Just ordered a single CCR which I might go ahead an incorporate into the display this year, if I can figure out the programming on it. Doesn't look too hard to accomplish. We do a Halloween display here, but not using LOR. But, the day after Halloween, down it comes and Christmas starts going up. That way I've got a month or so to insure its all working correctly and work out any issues. I do have a backup controller as well as backup computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here it is.. last few days of Augest... I have completed all my planned sequencing for this years display. I am now adding more music due to the fact that my long awaited lights are still MIA.. So, most prop building is still on hold. During the next few weekends, I will wrap my PVC mini trees with garland, and take off the lights from my old mini trees and put it on these. Past that I can't do too much til the lights arrive. I also have my 3d stars I need to make.. I have a few ideas how I want to do this.. I guess Ill focus on that the next few weekends.

Only thing I haven't quite figured out is I need to find a way to attach my pixel lights to the roof line without nails..

Well, here it is.. last few days of Augest... I have completed all my planned sequencing for this years display. I am now adding more music due to the fact that my long awaited lights are still MIA.. So, most prop building is still on hold. During the next few weekends, I will wrap my PVC mini trees with garland, and take off the lights from my old mini trees and put it on these. Past that I can't do too much til the lights arrive. I also have my 3d stars I need to make.. I have a few ideas how I want to do this.. I guess Ill focus on that the next few weekends.

Only thing I haven't quite figured out is I need to find a way to attach my pixel lights to the roof line without nails..

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/21939-how-to-mount-ccbs-to-roofgutter/

there's a few good suggestions here for mounting

Yea.. I'm starting to prep for plan b on my props. If I don't have my stuff by oct I will have to put that plan into action. Pixels next year, that's all I gotta say...

• 1 month later...

As time is getting closer and closer, and it seems to be getting there quicker than ever, How is everyone doing?

I was nicely requested to get a small halloween deal up.. So my Christmas props are on hold as I crunch down and build a few props for Halloween (this will have no music)

As far as Christmas, I have all my sequencing done! :D

Have 2 out of 6 Mini trees wrapped in garland... :wacko:

New 3d stars will be picked up this weekend :D

xs mini trees still waiting for lights... :blink:

I'm sure there is more I just can't think of them at the moment.

Last minute prop changes mean my 20 sequences need ajustment.

Still waiting on Light order from Janurary(Gooooooooosh....).

Still have (3) talking trees to build. Have all the supplies just need to build them.

Getting Demented Elf audio for this year.

Need (31) strings of cool white LED from HD (black friday) to finish mini trees.

Good news:

New house configuration done.

All my parts are in for the new mega tree.

8-3' mini trees have been built and wraped in garland.

new c-9 house outline is done.

This is going to be down to the wire again.........It always is.

.... still waiting on my MITS order

I have almost all of my holiday songs sequenced, I need to finish 'Feliz Navidad', but I just started working on 'Gangnam Style'

All pixels are cut/soldered to correct length, e681 is setup and pixels are working

I suppose I could mount my e681 controller/power supply box

Finish building my "Tune to" sign (its built and primered...needs paint and some hardware)

Need to get my order for MITS so I can do the following:

Build Mini trees

Build Candy Canes

Zip tie my pixels to my icicle strings for additional support

attach lights to singing snowman (and troubleshoot & add additional support I'm anticipating problems with this prop)

Design/Build my not-so-Mega-Mega Tree (it's only a 7-footer with 16 legs) Next year I will add more lights

Edited by Crazydave

Need to do in the next 3.5 weeks:

Finish 3 mini trees, install 1, 70 ct. string of LEDs on Marty fan, Set controller IDs for LOR controllers as well as CC Pixel controllers, attach CCPs to tree prop and install clear wire loom, finish assembly and install RGB modules in 6-8 CoroStars, reprogram DMX modules to new channels, re-wrap window frames, build a new Coro/RGB Radio sign and install RGB bars inside and complete last 5 sequences.

November 3rd:

Start set-up and commence testing

November 22nd:

Final test and video show

November 23rd:

LIGHT UP WEST KNOXVILLE

Edited by Ron Boyd

Waiting for last three wireframes to arrive so I can get lights on them. Adding the single CCR I bought at the sale to the main display for this year therefore lots of sequencing changes for the 27 songs sequenced already. Essentially, ready to get them out there. Day after Halloween, the Halloween comes down and start putting up Christmas. Not doing a sequenced display for Halloween so it saves me a bunch of extra work.

• The topic was locked