Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Is Everyone At

Arnoldc

As Auguest quickly approaches.. I was wondering where everyone is at in terms of their display(s).

So far I have completed 5 songs, 2 more waiting for me to convert to DMX, one more being ajusted to my "normal" display (very long story how I am doing the sequencing this year). I plan for 12 songs.. And quickly falling behind.

I also need to finish my med mini trees (paint, wrap with garland, oh and purchase garland)

waiting on lights for my small mini trees

need to order some spt wire, with plugs

need to make 3d stars

waterproof container for E681..

Find a way to hold up some of my pixels at roof line

oh and Halloween, UGH!!! I am figuring I will make the big push to try to complete most of my sequencing by the end of Aug.. And when things start to cool down, on the weekends in Sept, I will start knocking some of those items off my to do list.

Well I am scaling back & sold 6 of my PC controllers & four are on hold pending on payment. That leaves me with 8 controllers & 4 8 channel controllers.

So now I need to redo my display, my Lcc file & what not....that is where I am at.

"So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it." Willy Wonka

I seriously cannot believe how quickly this year is going!

I have 10 of 20 songs completed.

Still waiting on summer sale for 4 controllers...

5 mini pixel trees to build,

4' x 5' painted plywood JOY sign to make,

candy cane spinners x 2

snowflakes... maybe

and like Arnold, the heat in AZ is CRAZY - Today, 105° and 45% :o

Edited by John Slade

seven songs complete a few more to do,two more rgb mini tree to build,than as always when setting up neet to make more extension cords.I am also helping my sister this will be her first year.she is starting small with two marty fans and strobes. and helpind a freind in his second year,he has three ccr circles and addind a 30 channel mega and 5 seven channel arches. lots of work to do but it will be ready :huh:

heading overseas for a few weeks, then need to finish bathroom renovations by December - I had hoped to get into RGB pixels heavily this year as I have a 'weeping willow' type tree out the front which would look STUNNING with 1000 pixels on it....

So at this stage, it's looking like a fairly simple 16-20 channel display with static strings of lights... UGH

This is my first year.

****tasks completed*****

I have 8 songs done and still working on more

I have 3 LOR controllers assembeled and mounted in garage

1 CCP tree built

frame for singing snowman is built (no lights yet though)

***to be done***

need to run electrical to controllers

Still waiting for ALL my led strings from mits

still waiting for pixels from ray ru

Still waiting for e681 from sandevices

still waiting for enclosure from wlc

Finish sequencing "wizards"

Finish sequencing "feliz navidad"

Need to build 4 mini trees

Need to build 4 candy canes

Need to build 1 mega treee

Need to make SPT runs from controllers to lights

Well, if I would quit switching my darn display around, I might be getting some where...made router cuts into wood last night to encase my FM sign last night, so I can backlight my FM signs, I think my visualizer is where I want it...I have made 2 new 7 ft Med. Mega Spiral trees, I'm going to really hammer the sequencing starting next week . I have been working light clip strips connecting them with nylong webbing for my rooflines, that is pretty much done, so I can just snap snap snap the lights on this year.

I want to do a four North Poles to hold my FM signs on either side. Was thinking about making my own net lights for the bushes with my thousands of strings of incandescents that I have...made a lot of switches to LEDs but just can't spend another 800 for LED net lights this year. 3500 was my allowance and I blew threw that with LED conversion on the roof, lite clip strips and a few more controllers.

I want to make a star for the roof this year...oh man...I'm stressed! Happy JOY JOY JOY

I recently moved to a new (to me anyway) house and have to start all over. The good thing is I can use my sequences from my previous house but just have to tweek for a changed up layout. The bad thing is I have a lot of trees to experiement with and really need to get on it. I've also jumped in on the RGB lights so I need to get started on that as well.

BUT, the past two months has been too hot to do anything outside or in the garage or shop. (109 degrees last friday and seven straight days of 100 or above temp with high nineties in June and all this month) I'm sick of the heat. :angry:

Gotta dig holes for my mega tree base mount and anchors, measure roof line for RGB strands and basically experiement with my lighting being the brick and siding is lighter color than the previous house. But it's too frigin hot to do that too and enjoy it, even after the sun goes down.

I have seen an increase in consumption of beer though which makes me even more impatient to get things set up but at least I'm not dyin of thirst B) . I'm chompin at the bit to start hangin lights and doing tests outside.

With that in mind....

My new neighbors aren't goin to know what hit them here soon. :D

Edited by Santas Helper

My new neighbors aren't goin to know what hit them here soon. :D

My plan is to execute my install all in one day.

I've lived there for 9 years.. never had lights up.

So I kinda want to just drop the bomb. (48 channels, 260 pixel, 1 CCR, FM transmitter & limited use outdoor speakers)

My goal is to have everything pre-built and assembled, so all I need to do is hang the lights and set up the props and plug them all in.

You have no idea! :D

I am so far behind I am just telling myself I am working on 2013...

Most of my Christmas sequences are finished. I just need to polish them more. I'm in Halloween mode at the moment, though. I did my Halloween sequences first earlier this year, but since I was learning the program, I am going back and polishing that too and adding some animated pumpkins to some of the songs. I still need to build arches and mini trees for Christmas. I also need to buy some more extension cords, but I am pretty sure I have enough decorations at the moment.

Torqumada

I'm a Realtor in the DC metro area. Typically, business slopes off after Memorial Day and doesn't pick up until September. This week, I have two buyer's negotiating contracts; I'm putting a new listing on the market; I just need a few initials to ratify a contract on another listing and I'm meeting with someone this evening about selling their home.

Good news: I will have plenty of money to buy stuff for 2013. Bad news: I haven't even finished the inventory of my lights which I need to do before I can figure out where it is all going!

"Where is Everyone at?"

It's in my profile.... well here ya go anyway....Roanoke, TX. :D

ooooo....you mean with my display!!!!

well just moved into a new house thats twice the size of the old one. Does at the beginning work.

I planned to replace roof line with C9 retrofit which i bought in Jan. but now will be short b/c I have more house. (Sh**)

Mega tree was built but have to redue b/c it must be free standing now. (Cr**)

2 of 8 rebuilt mini trees. (shoot)

2 of 16 songs sequenced. (really)

have to redue candy cane fence. (maybe i'll ditch this year)

run dedicated outlets.

Build 3 singing trees.

Find new place for transmitter.

Rebuild visualizer.

Build stand for FM sign.

I'm going to stop this is getting depressing. :(

Not sure what the show will look like this year but hey Rome wasn't built in a day.

My plan is to execute my install all in one day.

I've lived there for 9 years.. never had lights up.

So I kinda want to just drop the bomb. (48 channels, 260 pixel, 1 CCR, FM transmitter & limited use outdoor speakers)

My goal is to have everything pre-built and assembled, so all I need to do is hang the lights and set up the props and plug them all in.

good luck with that

Happily, I have my props 95% finished. I'd be done with them if I hadn't mis-counted last year when I bought a bunch of lights at Menard's after Christmas. Now, I'm hoping they carry the same brand this year so the color looks at least close. I built...

* Christmas countdown sign

* New donation box

* 2 candy cane pinwheels

* Restrung 24 mini trees

* New radio antenna

* 4 arches

Unhappily, I only have 2 songs sequenced. I going from 64 channels to over 220 this year, which means a pretty major change to my sequences. I do have all of last year's converted to this year's layout, but have not spent any time improving them to take advantage of any of the new channels.

Now that I have the props built, I'm hoping to start spending a bunch of time sequencing. I have another 8 songs I'd like to have done for opening night. Guess we'll see.

I'm waaaay behind as well. As mentioned in other posts, I've been involved in a major remodel project for my neighbor friend. Ready or not she moves in this week. It's been a crazy project, but the worst of it is done, still a lot of little things to do finishing the 'must complete' list.

My daughter's computer desk and art table I built is moved into my son's old room (he moved out on his own). I now have a workshop in the basement in addition to the garage. I will be setting up some of my lights in the basement for testing soon. I have been able to get some sequencing done thanks to the heat. When it finally cools down a bit, I need to make some repairs to my lanscape lighting. I wanted to switch out my led RGBW homemade light tubes with RGB ribbon, but there are some advantages to my current setup and will wait for change over next year. I'm still undecided about adding a transmitter this year or not, it WILL be an EDM when I'm ready though. I need to get a part for my welder so I can make some of the bursts I have planned this year.

My 2nd boy is 6 months old now. He's taking up more and more of my time. I'm so far behind that I might not have anything new this year. I have gotten all of my controllers switched over to a single plug now. Now all I have to do is to redo my portable sub panel. Then I can try and work on anything new.

• 2 weeks later...

as i'm just getting started in this addiction it's slow going ; getting all i needed to put it all together

with all the other stuff i have to do for my family

i will just have to cross my fingers an pray i get it all in place in time for this season :D:P:)