Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing New Rgb Mega Tree

dougd

I have a RGB mega tree in my master sequence based on what channels and universes I thought it would be using. I have created a number of sequnces using that channel config. I now have a sequence with the exact channels and universes the tree will be using. Is there a way that I can just bring in the channels for my RGB tree, everything I have tried doesnt seem to work. Thanks.

Use the

I now have a sequence with the exact channels and universes the tree will be using. Is there a way that I can just bring in the channels for my RGB tree, everything I have tried doesnt seem to work. Thanks.

If I understand what you're needing to do correctly, this is what I know how to do,

Create a "new sequence" using your FINAL Channel config,

Pick one of your sequences and copy and paste into the new channel config. Then, of course, save it with a new name or just add something like ("_final" to the end of it).

Unless someone has a different and less time consuming way, and please chime in if you do, that's what I've been doing.

Hope this helps. It is a little time consuming though.

Good luck,

Ron

It also sounds like you could simply create an LCC file, and then import it to your existing sequences. Take the sequence that has your 'final' config, and then "Edit -> Export/Import Channel Configuration -> Export..." to create the LCC file. Open a sequence that you wish to import that channel configuration into and "Edit -> Export/Import Channel Configuration -> Import..." the LCC file you just created.

The problem is I only have the RGB mega tree in the new LCC file. I am in the process now of editing the xml file of the origional config. I could have removed the RGB tree from the origional config but I had several tracks that contained the tree and had moved the order around in those tracks.