Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor E1.31 Pixel Controllers

Beefer

HI guys,

When are we likely to see this new hardware that was originally planned to come out around the release time of S3? I'm guessing it's still under development/testing?

thanks

Beefer,

I am not 100% certain here but I don't think LOR ever said anything about E1.31 pixel controllers. I believe they are coming up with some sort of E1.31 to LOR or DMX bridge, I am just not 100% certain on an actual controller.

Was their a specific post you remember reading from an LOR rep or one of the many, many, many, partners?

Greg

Actually, the one thing I remember that is closest to this description is a LOR brand E1.31 to multiple RS-485 network adapter. So ethernet to 4 DMX networks. But the extra slice I remember being mentioned (maybe not day 1) was the ability to use E1.31 to encapsulate LOR protocol, so it could also be a E1.31 to 4 LOR network adapter, to reduce the number of cables running to your display, in support of LOR pixels on LOR networks.

I can't remember when and where but I do remember John announcing something along the lines of an lor E1.31 contrOller

klb has it right.

Can't find the post but I distinctly remember reading that they were going to do a E131->DMX/LOR bridge, with 4 separate outputs with either LOR or DMX on each output, giving 4 LOR netorks or 4 DMX universes or a mix.

One would think that they need to pull the digit out or the established E131->DMX units may just take over.

Cheers