Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility

rangebob

I'm using a Enttec Open to connect from LOR S3.5 to my Renard equipment with DMX firmware on them. I can get the lights to connect and run fine with a sequence but I can't get the Hardware Utility to work. I don't see a setting for Enttec Open in the HU. I only see one for iDMX and Standard Controller.

Edited by rangebob

That is correct. Currently you can not use the Hardware Utility to directly connect to the Enttec's...or any device other than an LOR device. (A flaw in my opinion).

However, there is a work around using the Enttec control panel that comes with the device. If you didn't get it you can also download it directly from their website.

Greg

The Hardware Utility does not have a DMX testing facility at this time.

Damn, double post, oh, and beat me to it Greg.

Now I'm really confused, I wrote another post with the words in italic in it and it joined up with my second post?

Edited by spomalley

The Hardware Utility does not have a DMX testing facility at this time.

Actually, the LOR hardware utility DOES have testing for DMX devices using the iDMX-1000 controller. Works great for me. Use the console button in the HU to get to it.

D.T.

Yes, you will be able to use the iDMX because it is an LOR device. Using DMX, without the bridge of the iDMX, does not work.

• The topic was locked