Light-O-Rama Forums

Ipad-3 Functionality

dgrant

Will any of the S3 software run on the new Ipads? I don't own one but it would be nice to be able to test things outside running via something as portable as this. Yes, suppose the laptop will do the same and we know that will function...just curious

The only thing that runs on iPads (or Android tablets for that matter) is software specifically designed for them.

None of the LOR software will run on a tablet.

Look at things like VNC clients, or logmein as ways to remote control your show PC from the iPad. With the current display, it ought to work pretty decently.

FYI...

I have not been impressed with LogMeIn Ignition on my Android tablet. It's simply not ready for prime time with a lot of crashes and lock-ups. I don't know about the IPad version.

The PC versions of LogMeIn are all excellent, and I can recommend them. If you have a wireless laptop, you may want to use LogMeIn (or even 'Remote Desktop') to your show computer.

FYI...

I have not been impressed with LogMeIn Ignition on my Android tablet. It's simply not ready for prime time with a lot of crashes and lock-ups. I don't know about the IPad version.

The PC versions of LogMeIn are all excellent, and I can recommend them. If you have a wireless laptop, you may want to use LogMeIn (or even 'Remote Desktop') to your show computer.

I use LogMeIn on my iPad and it works perfectly. I just use the free version and that gives me all the functionality I need. Just want to be able to remotely control my show PC for testing in the yard or for checking on it whole I'm out of town. Works like a champ.

I use LogMeIn on my iPad and it works perfectly. I just use the free version and that gives me all the functionality I need. Just want to be able to remotely control my show PC for testing in the yard or for checking on it whole I'm out of town. Works like a champ.

I've heard that, and that's why I said I wasn't sure about the IPad version. I was very shocked with how bad it is on Android. I've been using their PC products for quite a number of years without issue. Android Ignition was just horrible.

• 5 weeks later...

I use RDM+ HD on my iPad2 and RDM+ on my iPhone 4. It is solid, feature rich, and allows me to link to my MacBook Pro, my XP based laptop which runs my S3/LOR based Christmas show, Windows 7, 2003, VMWare virtual machines, and Server 2008 R2 computers. It also allows me to monitor / manage my Christmas show away from home (outside the local area network).