Light-O-Rama Forums

Connect The Hardware To Another Microprocessor

simonthk

Hello

I have never had an LOR system before, but I was thinking about getting one for a big project.

My problem though is, that I want to control which number it has to play with a mobile telephone. I know how to set up a GSM module and make it send information, but is the LOR hardware willing to receive any kind of information for me to be able to choose song?

Can you choose between songs in a none PC LOR setup? how?

Thanks in advance

Without hacking the proprietory LOR protocol you have very few options.

I think the most suitable is ItsMeBobo's MIIP. mobi tool is closest to your needs:

spomalley,

ItsMeBob's MIIP is for a LOR display that uses a PC. Believe that Simonthk asked if it can be used with a "none PC LOR" set-up. I am not saying that some programming genius that is also handy with hardware could not interface a cell phone to a trigger system. But Wouldn't that limit you to what 3 or 4 songs?

spomalley,

ItsMeBob's MIIP is for a LOR display that uses a PC. Believe that Simonthk asked if it can be used with a "none PC LOR" set-up. I am not saying that some programming genius that is also handy with hardware could not interface a cell phone to a trigger system. But Wouldn't that limit you to what 3 or 4 songs?

I only pointed it out as an option, maybe he could interface with it using DMX?

Hello

I have never had an LOR system before, but I was thinking about getting one for a big project.

My problem though is, that I want to control which number it has to play with a mobile telephone. I know how to set up a GSM module and make it send information, but is the LOR hardware willing to receive any kind of information for me to be able to choose song?

Can you choose between songs in a none PC LOR setup? how?

Thanks in advance

You could use a MP3 director, and use the triggers on it to play the various songs..

Or you could provide your own audio playback and DMX sequencing...