Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem With Channel 7

mikewlaymon

I have a CTB16PC connected to a 15 channel American flag prop. Hardware Utility lights all 15 channels at full on, chase, etc. Run sequences (any of them) and Channel 7 does not light? Suggestions?

If channel 7 is lighting up in the hardware utility, but not in the sequences, then the sequences might be the source of the issue.

I'd double check the sequences, there may be an issue there.

I have had entry errors on the channel layout more often than I care to admit. Usually it is a matter of the wrong unit ID selected, as I've always tripple checked the channel number.. Occasionally I'll have the wrong network instead...

Working correctly in hardware utility and not sequence is nearly always channel config issue in the sequence.

In my experience, if the hardware utility doesn't light the channel, like you described, it's almost always the board. I second William's advice for you to contact LOR. Good luck.

Edited by George Simmons

Its a 15 channel prop, on a 16 channel controller. Have you tried to the extra plug coming out to double check that isnt Channel 7, and your prop is actually on channel 15?

If the hardware utility light all the channels, then its your sequence channel layout that is not correct and that is easlily correctable. If that channel is dead then a third for Williams post. Contact LOR and it will be fixed.

I have a CTB16PC connected to a 15 channel American flag prop. Hardware Utility lights all 15 channels at full on, chase, etc. Run sequences (any of them) and Channel 7 does not light? Suggestions?

In my experience, if the hardware utility doesn't light the channel, like you described, it's almost always the board. I second William's advice for you to contact LOR. Good luck.

Unless I'm reading his message wrong, the HWU lights all 15 channels of the prop, but when the sequence runs Channel 7 (on the controller? prop?) isn't lighting up.

Mike, can you confirm that the HWU will light all 16 channels of the controller, (which would also mean the 15 channels used for the prop)?

I'll 2nd, 3rd or 4th the suggestion that what you think is configured for the 7th channel, is not configured properly. wrong channel, network, or controller address sounds like the likely problem. HWU does not care how you have the sequence channels programmed. Just that you have the right controller selected. The HWU is programmed to turn on the selected channels. As the OP has noted. Everything that has lights on it, lights up as expected. It is only when he goes to the sequence that channel #7 does not light.

Executive summary: I agree with the others saying it is the sequence.

If you answered "sequence" - you get a gold star! In converting my sequences from 32 to 64 channels, I imported a channel configuration file, where for whatever reason, the channel in question was assigned to a controller number that didn't exist (in all the sequences). Lesson learned. Thanks!