Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Rgb Pixel Strings In Sequencer And Visualizer

Crazydave

With the new upcoming e1.31 addition, it looks this may open the doors for LOR sequencer to all sorts of new RGB devices.

I was wondering what is the best way to load a massive amount of RGB channels into the sequencer where I don't have to manually set 100's of controller settings for each Red Green And Blue channel for each pixel.

Is there a away to add RGB pixel string/strip similar to "add cosmic color device" where the user can enter the number of pixel and the starting channel/controller etc, and have it automatically group the RGB channels to each pixel and assign the with something like DMX Univ01-Pixel 01

Am I correct in assuming that the e1.31 devices would functionally be used in LOR as DMX universes and channels?

At the moment there isn't a facility in the vis for this **HINT Mike HINT**

The best way at the moment would probably be to load a ccd and change the addresses to DMX. Annoying, I know

Especially since I am plan on add over 300 pixels..

Also I would have to assign them in the visualizer as well so i would have to do work twice :o

Especially since I am plan on add over 300 pixels..

Also I would have to assign them in the visualizer as well so i would have to do work twice :o

300? Try 1500 :)

300? Try 1500 :)

At least you can afford pixels, 13 year old with very little christmas decorating budget here! :o:)

Edited by spomalley

At least you can afford pixels, 13 year old with very little christmas decorating budget here! :o:)

LOL, I just meant it's going to be a lot of work! (for both of us)

Yup, hopefully I'll have pixel arches and dumb rgb.

Still spent a l

Yup, hopefully I'll have pixel arches and dumb rgb.

Still spent a lot last year on LOR.

Little budget, bringing LOR to Ireland, not a good combination!

Thanks jeff... while I didn't use anyone else's props... I use that as an idea to draw my own custom string.

Basically, this is what I did to create the 269 pixels that I plan on lining my roof eves with.

1.) Open the visualizer

2.) Set the background as blank with black gridlines and sized it for the max size of my screen.

3.) Inserted 65 RGB bulb fixtures (this is the max fixtures each prop will handle) horizontally on the intersection of each gridline

4.) Made a prop which included the 65 RGB bulb fixtures I made.

5.) Saved the prop as 65 Pixel RGB String

6.) Reimported the 65 Pixel RGB string and then deleted pixel as necessary to size (for example, I need a 40 Pixel string, 39 pixel string, etc and save those props as their own).

7.) Then using the channel and name wizard I reassigned the channels to the appropriate number.

As for the actually channels in the sequencer...

1) add 512 DMX RGB channels.

2) changed the name of the first six channels to something that made sense (Ie Pixel 1 ® , Pixel 1 (G), Pixel 1 ( B), Pixel 2 ®, Pixel 2 (G), Pixel 2 ( B)

3) exported the channel config (this I noticed was an xml file)

4) opened the channel config file in notepade and saved as a text tab-delimited file

5) opened the text tab-delimited file in excel.

6.) using my mad-crazy excel skills..... I was able to insert Pixel Numbers and channel colors into the name of the channel

7.) re-saved the new file

8.) imported the new channel config with all my new names.

Edited by Crazydave

The fun part comes when the pixel strings you ordered aren't RGB. Or when you have several different kinds of strings and some are BGR, some are RBG and some are GRB. You may have to re-configure every channel to work correctly.

Unless you have a controller like SanDevices that you can change once per device and it will switch the entire string.

My first test run I had to change 360 channels!

Scott

Both the E681 and the Js1sys boards that control pixels can change the order of the RGB setup. So far all my strips have been in the wrong order. I have the E681 boards and with a few codes in the browser setup for the E681 they are straight as can be without having to adjust anything in the Sequencer.

Jeff is 100% correct, if you are just using simple DMX to run low voltage dimmers, you need to make your adjustments in the Light O Rama Sequencer to get your colors correct, or if they are consistant, you can change the wiring to your strips from the dimmer boards to match the colors intended. It's not impossible to overcome, just a bit more involved.