Light-O-Rama Forums

How to Display multible tracks?

SoCalJimH

How do you view multiple tracks (as below). I can create a second track but only 1 displays at a time.

Thanks in advance

it depends on how many channels you have in the first track...as the screen can only show so many channels

Did you "shrink" the size of the channel rows as much as you can?

Another option is to "Group" your channels (if you are using S3) and collapse the groups so the channels are not seen...thus taking up less screen space and allowing the different tracks to be seen.

Thanks Jim!

Too many channels might be the issue - I'll lower the count and see what happens.

Forgot to mention I use S3 Advanced.

Regards,

Jim h

SoCalJimH wrote:

Forgot to mention I use S3 Advanced.
If you haven't tried them already, I would really suggest using the "groupings"...

For example, I group my channels as:

Mini Trees
Mega Tree
Mini Arches
Mega Arches...

You might even find you don't need any additional tracks...depending on what you are using them for.

Thanks Jim,

I do use Groups (a lot).

I am using different tracks for different effects- ie- one track for sorting colors, one for listing channels Left to Right.

I was just listing too many channels to display.

Thanks for the assist.

Jim

SoCalJimH wrote:

I am using different tracks for different effects- ie- one track for sorting colors, one for listing channels Left to Right.
actually...in my groups I have sub groups...

IE

Mini Trees
Mini Trees Red
Mini Trees Green
Mini Trees Blue
Mini Trees White

So, if I want to do something with just one color I can...and have this sub grouping in all my groups since 99% of my elements are all RGBW.

Jim,

About this group thing.....Is it possible to take the CCR (150 RGB Channels) and group the reds, greens and blues? Would it be groups or Tracks? If so, how would I do it?

Thanks,

Dave

magish01 wrote:

About this group thing.....Is it possible to take the CCR (150 RGB Channels) and group the reds, greens and blues? Would it be groups or Tracks? If so, how would I do it?
Yep..you can group you CCR (CCB/RGB) channels anyway you want..

I grouped mine (before Seans' fantastic Nutcracker program) into groups that would make a spiral on my CCB tree...

Let me find Bob's tutorial on Grouping for ya..

EDIT:

Here are Bob's videos...great stuff...

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=28633

Here is a screen shot of my 8 Groups "spiral grouping", with Spiral 8 opened. It took a long time to get them into the groups...but it made sequencing the spirals a breeze...

Attached files 321046=17503-CCB Tree Grouping 2.jpg