Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduler/show questions

Gman7711

I have a 21 minute total show. 2 minutes of intro, 18 minutes of musical sequences, and 1 minute closing. I'd like it to go through that order and then end. Have a 9 minute brake with just the lights slowly twinkling, then start again. I know if I put it all in musical sequences it would repeat in that order (providing I had the outtro be 9 minutes). Is there a better way to due it? Can you schedule a show to be exactly 21 minutes? Can you tell it to only play through once before ending?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by LORAdmin
Posts split to own thread

Gman7711 wrote:

I have a 21 minute total show. 2 minutes of intro, 18 minutes of musical sequences, and 1 minute closing. I'd like it to go through that order and then end. Have a 9 minute brake with just the lights slowly twinkling, then start again. I know if I put it all in musical sequences it would repeat in that order (providing I had the outtro be 9 minutes). Is there a better way to due it? Can you schedule a show to be exactly 21 minutes? Can you tell it to only play through once before ending?

Thanks for reading!

There are two ways...

First way, assumes you are using the computer to schedule the shows and are using a Standard or Advanced license.

From the text above you have 20 minutes worth of music, then a 1 minute closing. You would want to schedule the show for 19 minutes (assuming your last song is longer than 1 minute.)

Place your intro in the Startup, your closing in the Shutdown tab.

At the 19 minute mark the software will finish the current playing musical sequence, then execute the shutdown sequence.

Then schedule another show for 11 minutes. This will be your slowly twinkling lights. At the 30 minute mark the twinkling will stop. It will *not* finish the animation sequence.

Thus for 30 minutes you are going to have two shows. You would need to schedule them back to back all night.

-----------

A second way (and probably less confusing)
Create a show with the following in the musical tab:
Startup Sequences
Songs (in order you want them played)
Shutdown Sequence
15 minute animation sequence.

Create a show that lasts 30 minutes.

At that end of that 30 minutes the LOR will stop the animation sequence right where it is at, and then start the next show. The software does not finish an animation sequence at the end time.

So in this scenario you would want to have 30 minute shows scheduled throughout the evening.

(I've probably missed something in there, but that should get you going.)

Under the second way, is the animation under the musical sequence section?

Does the animation section play after the musical section?

Thank you for taking the time to type that out!

The way I would handle that {I use the DC-MP3 Showtime Director}, but this should work for computer based shows,

I create an EMPTY MP3 sequence for the LIGHTS ON ONLY time. this is nothing but an MP3 that is nothing but a silent track for 15 minutes, this way the lights run for EXACTLY 15 minutes, then the next show begins.

Using the MP3 Director I place all my musical selections in the order I want them played, having the silent 15 minute MP3 sequence as the last sequence being played.

Like said this should work just fine with a computer based show and you can create an empty MP3 using most audio editors that support the MP3 format.

Many use a program called Audacity for cutting, editing and making changes to an MP3 file, whether or not it can create an EMPTY MP3 that contains just a silent track, I don't know. I don't use audacity, I use Magix Music Editor that came with my Video Editor software to create SILENT tracks for my shows for the duration I need.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the ideas! I just read that if you put all your songs in the startup section, it will play through once then stop. So if I put everything in the start up except for the twinkling and put the twinkling animation under the music section, then it should play the twinkling until the scheduled stop time. Especially if I use the option to suddenly stop the show instead of gracfuly stop. Because it only repeats what is in the musical section.

Orville wrote:

The way I would handle that {I use the DC-MP3 Showtime Director}, but this should work for computer based shows,

We're getting off the original topic a bit, but with the MP3 Showtime, you could use the Filler Sequence to run between shows. Then you wouldn't have to setup the blank MP3.

Load the Musical sequences into the Show List, select "Play through Showlist one time only" then use the Filler Seq. Set it to run very hour, 30 min or 15 min.