Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Blending

thedementedelf

I'm programming my RGB/DMX lights and not happy with the set colors/shades. Is there a way to blend colors or choose the right shades in LOR? Is there a color pallate that will import into LOR?

Not 100% sure what you are asking but with the RGB channels there is only one color pallet to choose from. The colors that display on the screen will not be a 100% match to what is displayed by the RGB device and of course different RGB devices will be different when presented with the same lighting parameters. In many cases the color on the screen in the Sequence Editor is a "fair" representation.

Once you have found colors that you like you can move them to your saved tools for future use.

Dan

Dan....thanks. I was looking for something that you could maybe change the shade of Green you want to use. In the sequencer red/yello gives you Green but it's a bit bright. Looking for something might take a shade down a shade or two?

Are you using RGB channels and the color fade tool to select colors? The color fade tool selects a single color or a fade depending on if the color is the same or different from the start pt to the end pt of the fade.

Check out the shareware 'Jovian' it is a replacement color chooser for windows. It allows you to save libraries of colors. I use it and save the colors and shades that look best on my RGB strips. it seems that you get different shades of red from different mfgs. Great tool and only $30.

It also shows you the shades, and complimentary colors, and much more. Much better way to select RGB colors than the standard windows color wheel.

Hey Kevin,
have you checked out Greg's chart in his RGB light manuals?

http://seasonalentertainmentllc.com/pdf/Rainbow%20Flood%20Light%20User%20Manual.pdf

I know this is not automatic, but helps to get the different shades correct.

I started using the color fade tool for the patriotic show, and it really helped out a lot. After you play with it for a while, you can really do some cool stuff with it.

I am using two different types of RGB lights this year (Seasonal Entertainment Rainbow Floods and 6 36 Watt super-powerful RGB Spots). I was surprised at how different certain shades appeared on the rainbow floods in comparision to the 36 Watt Floods. To rectify this, I programmed two "test" color sequences.

Sequence 1 was a test of about 15 colors using the Rainbow Flood.

I then attempted to replicate these same 15 colors with the 36 Watt floods and then made a second 15 color test sequence. Its all cut and paste from there.

OH, and fwiw, some of the cheaper floods won't be able to replicate certain colors no matter how hard you try. For example, the Rainbow floods have a difficult time producing yellow and white. The 36 Watt lights, on the other hand, blend color perfectly (although at 130 buck a pop, they better!!!)

paulanator wrote:

Hey Kevin,
have you checked out Greg's chart in his RGB light manuals?

http://seasonalentertainmentllc.com/pdf/Rainbow%20Flood%20Light%20User%20Manual.pdf

I know this is not automatic, but helps to get the different shades correct.

I started using the color fade tool for the patriotic show, and it really helped out a lot. After you play with it for a while, you can really do some cool stuff with it.

Paul, thanks for the reminder about Greg's chart. So far the color fade tool is working but Greg's chart will come in handy.

mmais68569 wrote:

Here is a site I found it will give you the truest colors. Also remember when you actually go live the colors will be a little different based on the power output of the DC power supply.

Mike

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

Mike,

I've seen those tables but not sure how to use them with LOR

• The topic was locked