Light-O-Rama Forums

Magic lights?

rickodom

I love it HA HA HA HA HA..>DUHHHH... my "theme" is basic. I want to have 3-4 "shows" on the hour 6-9 but I want them to be different. show one is celtic christmas, 2 is country christmas 3 cartoon christmas and 4 is classic christmas... well that's the plan.....

paralegalnc wrote:

I love it HA HA HA HA HA..>DUHHHH... my "theme" is basic. I want to have 3-4 "shows" on the hour 6-9 but I want them to be different. show one is celtic christmas, 2 is country christmas 3 cartoon christmas and 4 is classic christmas... well that's the plan.....

Awesome Plan... I never thought of doing multi-shows each with different music themes. I just had one show that repeated with the music theme changing in the course of the show. I feel a change coming on. :) Thanks paralegalnc..

My son is setting here reading this and said "Dad does this mean we are not going swimming now?" he knows LOL...

well thanks! I always figure...go big or go home! I am pretty smart when it comes to music...it's my second life. or maybe third but anyway... I play instruments, I read music and I sing so it's not too bad. But I am doing the different shows because I am using my light show as a fundraiser... I want people to come to a 7 pm show and donate... or have a reason to come back..(different show) and maybe donate... give them ample enough reason and time... right?? again...that's the theory...that's the plan.

I should of known... I too am a musician and songwriter. I have a recording studio in house and music is my thing too. The cool thing about this LOR stuff is it is just like using midi.
I have 2 songs that I wrote and recorded in my show.
Hope you raise lots of bucks.
And my son got wet.

Sorry rick, I didn't mean to jack your thread

Welcome to the Madness!
I started very simply with a 16 channel controller and white incans that I had been using on my house the previous year. I just assigned different features as a channel such as the roofline, windows, bushes and walkway. Through trial and error I found that some songs were easier to sequence than others. Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney is a great song to learn sequencing as it has a very regular beat. I ended up with 5-6 songs for my first year. Alot of my time was consumed by setting up a FM transmitter, making signs, figuring out the best ways to run cables, testing lights etc.
Year 2 was when I really jumped in headfirst. I added 3 additional colors to each of my elements and 4 x 4 color Mini trees. Thats when things started getting complicated! My advice is don't over do it the first year because you are on a steep learning curve and need to understand the complexity. Year 2 will be much easier to expand and during your first year you will start getting ideas for year 2 right away.
Good Luck!