Light-O-Rama Forums

rgb and lor controllers

jck46

new to this and trying to figure out what i need, am i right in thinking if i get a dc controller board that is all i need to run rgbs and how does the dc board connect to the lor controllers

It depends on what kind of rgb's you buy. I can't answer your question, without you giving me the specs of the rgb's you want to buy or bought. That's why I said to read the manual first, and then ask questions.

In the ACL 101 Lighting manual you downloaded you may specifically refer to these pages for diagrams which show how it is connected.

If your talking Dumb RGB lighting that is controlled by a LOR DC controller then refer to the diagrams and info on page 21, 40 and page 51 of the ACL lighting manual which shows you the pictures of connecting DC lighting and RGB lighting. Now how the LOR DC controller fits into an LOR network then refer to page 61 which shows the LOR network layout with the DC controller amongst other LOR controllers. The diagrams should make it much easier to understand.

But in a nutshell, the DC power supply connects to the DC controller just like you would connect power to an LOR AC controller. The lights also connect the same way as an AC LOR controller except that with RGB lighting you are using 3 channels, one for Red, one for Green and one for Blue. By controlling the intensity levels of each colour through the controller is how you get different colours.
So if you purchase the LOR DC controller then its just another LOR controller in the LOR network and thats all you will need to run the dumb RGB lighting (and a DC power Supply).

Now if its intelligent RGB lighting you are thinking of then thats a whole different ball game in itself and will require some learning to understand the fundamentals.

You may want to check out our tutorials section of our downloads page. There is all kinds of information related to connecting RGB products to LOR controllers as well as using LOR and DMX together. As well as connections between our Rainbow lights and controllers.

https://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/downloads.htm

Greg

the dc board will control 5 dumb rgb strips, strips that only change colors but can't chase in the same strip. you can have more that 5 strips connected but it will only control 5 so some will repeat. you will also need a power supply able to power the strips you have. the dc board connects inline with your existing lor network

• The topic was locked