Light-O-Rama Forums

Let's Focus On The Main Objective

Guest Guest

trafficman wrote:

Guess I need to go ahead and buy the 6 new controllers before the sale goes off on the 8th.

Ah, what sale are you talking about? Thought that the LOR sale was abt 1 month away or maybe 2 the ways I heard it.

Anytime Max-Paul.. I did read it on here and saw they did discount most of the items. I do need six more controller's before show time. I plan on that this week when wifey poo get her new living room set. Guess I can set the hook then.. LOL

yes that is a good time to speak up. You know honey, tit for tat. You got this, I should be able to get that. Good luck. Mine would tell me. But honey poo, we spent all of the money on my dining room set. We just cant afford to spend any more on your silly lights at this time. LOL

Best of luck to you. And I am such a cheap skate. I'll wait for LOR to have their sale. I do just the put it together yourself kits. Usually less than 100 bucks each.

yes that is a good time to speak up. You know honey, tit for tat. You got this, I should be able to get that. Good luck. Mine would tell me. But honey poo, we spent all of the money on my dining room set. We just cant afford to spend any more on your silly lights at this time. LOL

Best of luck to you. And I am such a cheap skate. I'll wait for LOR to have their sale. I do just the put it together yourself kits. Usually less than 100 bucks each. Shame WOW did not have any of these kits.

Got all props built, finishing up a fan made of coro. 2 controllers soldered with one tested and ready for enclosure. Mega tree and spiral tree built, arch built and lights attached. 2 of 8 mini trees finished. a few more minute details and all will be ready for lights. I took a couple of days off from sequencing, but need to get back to it.Only 6 months. I need to get busy.

Guest Don Gillespie

Just recieved my SPT wire and vampire plugs, waiting on my lights from HLE to wrap twenty mini trees, have 7 new sequences finished and updating the remaining that I use for the show, going down to see my sister in June and finally get to meet a guy who really knows what he is doing, everyone else knows him as George. :P

After work today I see 3 large boxes outside of my garage:D. Thank You HLE,,, they are here and ahead of schedule.

LOR has shipped me all my new controllers and 2 CCPs.

Time to start build.. Who do I see about a mega tree topper?:shock: 6 minis and 6 5' foot trees to build.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Funtobewith11 wrote:

Well time to bring this thread back to life. So where are we now? I just built my "Command Center" for lack of a better name and if someone can help I will put a picture of it here but cannot figure it out.. I have also bought 2 more controllers and an additional linker. I have finished 8 Christmas songs and now have 11 non-Christmas songs to do. I tested part of my operation and the FM transmitter works. Will do more testing later.

At the bottom of the page ,when posting, you will see this. Attach your picture there.

Attachment:
Allowed extensions: bmp gif jpg jpeg png txt pdf zip lms las lss lcc lsc seq lee lff lpf

The file size should not exceed 2000000 bytes

I've done the following:
- read the Forum top to bottom about 20 times,
- ordered/received a cargo ship full of RGB LEDs from Ray,
- ordered/received 2000ft wiring
- assembled 2 addition LOR CTBs I got during the Spring Sale
- assembled 1 LOR CMD enclosure,
- assembled 4 27-channel Easy DMX controller/enclosures,
- assembled 10 Rainbow Flood boards
- built 5 double Rainbow Flood lights
- stared at piles of "stuff" in my office for hours each night, :?
- display elements chosen and finalized
- set up LOR Visualizer for my show and sequenced 5 songs.

I need to:
- pick up the soldering gun and other tools and actually start assembling my props instead of staring at all the pieces!
- add 20A outlets in the garage
- sequence, sequence and sequence some more
- buy my wife a lot more chocolate and flowers!!! :)

Attached files 320454=17482-1 CMD and 2 Easy DMX Contro

MtDew4me wrote:

I've done the following:
- read the Forum top to bottom about 20 times,
- ordered/received a cargo ship full of RGB LEDs from Ray,
- ordered/received 2000ft wiring
- assembled 2 addition LOR CTBs I got during the Spring Sale
- assembled 1 LOR CMD enclosure,
- assembled 4 27-channel Easy DMX controller/enclosures,
- assembled 10 Rainbow Flood boards
- built 5 double Rainbow Flood lights
- stared at piles of "stuff" in my office for hours each night, :?
- display elements chosen and finalized
- set up LOR Visualizer for my show and sequenced 5 songs.

I need to:
- pick up the soldering gun and other tools and actually start assembling my props instead of staring at all the pieces!
- add 20A outlets in the garage
- sequence, sequence and sequence some more
- buy my wife a lot more chocolate and flowers!!! :)

Sounds like a great start. Reading was a key to my master plan. Your starting with RGB rather than incans or solid LED's thats a huge step to get you into the real mess of things!

GoofyGuy wrote:

Sounds like a great start.  Reading was a key to my master plan.  Your starting with RGB rather than incans or solid LED's thats a huge step to get you into the real mess of things!

I had a 32 channels incan/LED show last year with a DIY Train. It was very blinky/flashy and I decided I like color changes more than the disco flash effect I got with 32 channels of incans and some single color LEDs. I have some RGB North Poles, candy canes and mini trees for this year.

RGB is a big jump but one that I hope causes less viewer seizures than my show last year.:)

• The topic was locked