Light-O-Rama Forums

slow music?

paralegalnc

WOW I just looked at your lights...AMAZING.....I have a full time job though so mine won't be nearly as big...plus I only have a little yard. My neighbors are moving and I was going to use theirs...maybe the new neighbors??? nahhhhh I'll wait until next year....

paralegalnc wrote:

WOW I just looked at your lights...AMAZING.....I have a full time job though so mine won't be nearly as big...plus I only have a little yard. My neighbors are moving and I was going to use theirs...maybe the new neighbors??? nahhhhh I'll wait until next year....

That's is exactly why Bottomley has to spread out so far.

Guest wbottomley

paralegalnc wrote:

I even have a drawing of my house/yard/art color coordinated for channels...lol.

Some of us do this - which is good. Meeting local people exchanging ideas and troubleshooting is great.

paralegalnc wrote:

OMG I just figured out the animation thing!! That totally rocks! my husband got a picture of the house (now I need to trim the bushes) but I drew stuff like what I see in my head (scary actually) its not the best but what can you do with little squares right....it's almost what I pictured! that is the coolest thing!

Try using the visualizer instead if you can. I believe it has better response time and clairity.

i looked at the visualizer.... when I have time to figure it out I will.... right now the animator is helping me with just getting the timings right. Not going to go too fancy this year so..... but thanks. I will try it out

• 1 year later...

I know the original question by paralegaInc was answered about slowing the music down, but my question is what am I doing wrong? I am new to sequencing and I'm trying to slow the song down to make it easier, I have clicked the different speeds but nothing happens. Everytime I restart the track it plays normal. Am I missing something here? Thanks

I just turned on my sequence editor, selected a track and turned the speed down. Hit play, hit stop, hit play again and it stayed at the slow speed. I'm assuming your selecting the drop down menu under "play" and then going down to "speed" and setting it that way? If so, it should stay at the speed you select for the whole session. 

I know the original question by paralegaInc was answered about slowing the music down, but my question is what am I doing wrong? I am new to sequencing and I'm trying to slow the song down to make it easier, I have clicked the different speeds but nothing happens. Everytime I restart the track it plays normal. Am I missing something here? Thanks

In the editor.... Play menu.... down on the bottom of that menu is speed.... choose 1/2 speed.  should work... I've never had a moment when it didnt. 

That's exactly what I'm doing... strange it doesn't change at all. I even did a reboot, which didn't help. I'll keep poking around and see what else I can think of... frustrating!

That's exactly what I'm doing... strange it doesn't change at all. I even did a reboot, which didn't help. I'll keep poking around and see what else I can think of... frustrating!

by any chance are you using variable bit rate mp3?  If so it should be changed to CBR MP3 using Audacity. Its just a shot in the dark and may not even be related to your problem. 

I did have a variable bit rate mp3 and I read somewhere here that it needed to be changed to a .wav format. I changed it and still no luck, maybe I should start from scratch without opening the previous version and see if that helps any.