Light-O-Rama Forums

slow music?

paralegalnc

is there a way to slow down the music/sequence play so I know if I am getting the beat right?

paralegalnc wrote:

is there a way to slow down the music/sequence play so I know if I am getting the beat right?

In the Sequence Editor look under the "Play -> Speed" menu (from the top of the Sequence Editor.

paralegalnc wrote:

never mind...found it

That can be one of your best friends when doing a song with a fast beat. Good luck! I see from your member name that it appears you may be from North Carolina where at?

I am in Concord, NC. Yeah I need it slow...I am doing a fast one for my first one..figure go big or go home right? I've had it in my head for the longest time. I have been working on it now for about an hour and got a portion of 55 seconds done. I have a couple of the hardest portions done... so I'm ahead right? I will have to watch the video for the beat wizard as I am having a problem with one section...

Where are you from?

Guest wbottomley

paralegalnc wrote:

I am in Concord, NC. Yeah I need it slow...I am doing a fast one for my first one..figure go big or go home right? I've had it in my head for the longest time. I have been working on it now for about an hour and got a portion of 55 seconds done. I have a couple of the hardest portions done... so I'm ahead right? I will have to watch the video for the beat wizard as I am having a problem with one section...

Where are you from?

It's good to see another North Carolinian joining the ranks of synchronized lighting.

paralegalnc wrote:

Where are you from?

What song are you doing?

I am doing Siberian Sleighride. My plan is.... to actually have several songs...I want my show about 10-15 minutes. That's why I've already started :P Now if I get really good at it... or maybe next year... I want to do a show every hour from say 7-9 and each show be different. that's my goal. giving the fact that I am on the forums before I've had my coffee.... but I'm getting it! and the little channel things are lighting up when they are supposed to... which excites me! But I am trying to do fundraising with this light show so it has to be good.

However, may have to meet and have lunch sometime and you can show me tricks or something.

We can always help. It sounds that you have big plans and have really thought them out. But yes TSO can be tricky but there beats can be helpful also.

I have to probably do a different song to get the beat wizard to work I guess... but I think I have mastered the tap wizard which I believe cut alot of my time trying to manually do it.

Oh yeah, I have big plans...and I have thought them out. I even have a drawing of my house/yard/art color coordinated for channels...lol. Been planning this awhile. My only problem today is...in my sequence I have magically place grey areas and I don't know how I did it nor do I know how to get rid of them... or what they are for.... any advice

I have sent you a pm. I will see what I can do to help with what you are describing but am not sure without seeing it. If i can't I know Bottomley can help me, just as a FYI he can help with about anything especially if you have searched and still at a loss for a answer. Plus he has the largest animated display in NC with over 700 channels.

700 channels HOLY COW! I seen someone on here that had 4800 channels... my head was spinning...not only at the work but I started doing the math!! I guess a cool part of the forum is making friends in your area and going to see their displays. ROAD TRIP! My husband said I had to finish my work (remodeling our office into an exercise room) I painted the walls... takes what...about 8-10 hours for paint to dry?? LOL. He is great though. He can build anything. He is making my yard art. He is welding all kinds of cool stuff... snowflakes, stars, and guitars. He is off today to find some 19 gauge wire... what we have is "ok" but he wants better. See I'm the director/producer...he's my stage mananger. Without him my work would be nothing.

Guest wbottomley

Channel count is deceiving. Some people have 10-20 thousand channels... but they are RGB pixel channels. Don't let your head spin on that many channels... as one small prop I'm doing will have a few thousand. That will be at my house. The main display will have over 800 AC channels.

You are more than welcome to come and visit my setup anytime. I start the first weekend in October.

I can't wait to see some of your pictures as time goes on. And you laugh that you have a drawing laying everything out but that is very smart! You are going to fit right in with the group.

OMG I just figured out the animation thing!! That totally rocks! my husband got a picture of the house (now I need to trim the bushes) but I drew stuff like what I see in my head (scary actually) its not the best but what can you do with little squares right....it's almost what I pictured! that is the coolest thing!

I don't know that I will start in October.... at least not this year. because I have the drawing I pretty much know where everything will go ... I'll give it to my husband and say....make it so. and Presto! I do have the best husband in the world.

Animation does really help you see what you are sequencing, but if you think it looks good there it will look great in real life.

paralegalnc wrote:

I don't know that I will start in October.... at least not this year. because I have the drawing I pretty much know where everything will go ... I'll give it to my husband and say....make it so. and Presto! I do have the best husband in the world.

Check out his videos and you will see why he starts that early. I for one start in early November but its doing small things here and there not to get overwhelmed at the end.

paralegalnc wrote:

OMG I just figured out the animation thing!! That totally rocks! my husband got a picture of the house (now I need to trim the bushes) but I drew stuff like what I see in my head (scary actually) its not the best but what can you do with little squares right....it's almost what I pictured! that is the coolest thing!

I strongly suggest starting with the visualizer rather than the animator (since I suspect that you are using the animator due to your reference to "little squares"). The visualizer will provide a much more realistic view.

Here is a tutorial/instructions for the visualizer:
http://www.lightorama.com/help/index.html?tutorial.htm

And here is a video that Jeff Millard made as a beta tester right before the visualizer was released:

http://vimeo.com/27101089

And this was just a simplistic demonstration of it.