Light-O-Rama Forums

Please correct my DMX theory.

petek157

I am trying to wrap my head around understanding DMX and the best way I could think to have someone correct or confirm my understanding is visually. I am attaching a drawing that I made to try and help me understand the setup and channel usage.

I have some questions on the diagram. If anyone could confirm of correct my theories I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pete

Attached files 317405=17311-IMG_0005.jpg

Conceptually, yes.

The one caveat I would add is on your power injection. Depending on size of power supply, total draw of the LED's , distance from power supply to controllers and LED's, whether all your controllers and LED's run on the same voltage - you may be able to make it as simply as inject once where you show. Or you may need to inject different voltages, different places, watching out for over-amperage on the cat5, not overdrawing the power supply, etc. Its all solvable, just depends on your specifics.

COOL

After just about an entire day of research I guess I did better then I thought. As for the power I will definitely keep an eye on that once I figure out what I am actually going to do. The diagram was more conceptual to make sure that I understood DMX / DMX channel usage.

Thanks guys,
Pete

• The topic was locked