Light-O-Rama Forums

Capacitor part marking

Mike Manzara

The kit parts list calls up capacitor "CO"maekd as 104. The only small capacitor lest is marked K5M. Is thiis the same part?

If im not mistaken the 104's are marked 104. I assembled my kits 8 months ago but I do recall the 104 as one of the smallest. It has a piece of paper attached to the legs with 104 written on it. K5M just indicates its a capacitor, theres nothing else on it such as .1uf or there was no paper attached stating it was C0 or 104?

I do know it was the smallest capacitor that came in the kit. Im assuming you do not have a multimeter to check the cap do you?

There was another no other number just the one I quoted and there was no other identification attached to the part. I do have a multi meter but it is not a Fluke and the one I have may not be sensitive eenough to provide auch a small reading. T o the electronically challenged it is frustrating when there are part substitutions that are not shoen on the substitution list provided. The transistors are also a different number last digit on the assembly drawing is 2 and the ones provided end in 3. If i had done this wwhen I was writing Tech Bulletins for a Military Contractor I would have been fired.

So if you have inserted all the other caps correctly, and have one left over...:cool:

Its been awhile since I built any (LOR) kits, but out of the dozen or so I did build myself, pretty sure I recall 104 being specifically labeled as Goofy explained.

A multimeter really isn't going to help you, fluke or otherwise, unless it is a capacitance meter.

There are no "transistors" in the kit, only triacs, and a couple regulators. If you count out the parts, mixed in with a little common sense, it should all make sense to you.

Won't even comment on tech bulletins written by the electronically challenged, for the military...:shock::)

Thats right its a capacitor not a resistor sorry about that. Don has a point if the others are in place and correct, the smallest one will be it. Was there a small piece of brown tape with 104 written on it? That how all mine were labeled. When I get home tonight I can let you know what is marked on mine, but thats 6 hours from now.

Guest wbottomley

Mike Manzara wrote:

There was another no other number just the one I quoted and there was no other identification attached to the part. I do have a multi meter but it is not a Fluke and  the one I have may not be sensitive eenough to provide auch a small reading. T o the electronically challenged it is frustrating when there are part substitutions that are not shoen on the substitution list provided. The transistors are also a different number last digit on the assembly drawing is 2 and the ones provided end in 3. If i had done this wwhen I was writing Tech Bulletins for a Military Contractor  I would have been fired. 

Are you reading it in French or English?