Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 v 3.3 v3.4 Error issues

Ed Slonka Jr

Anyone else having issues with either v3.3 or v3.4 sequence editor encountering an error and shutting down?

It happened several times with v 3.3 so I upgraded to v3.4 and it's still doing it.

I don't even have to be working on something and have it minimized and it does it.

Even restarted computer to give that a try and same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ed

Ed Slonka Jr wrote:

Anyone else having issues with either v3.3 or v3.4 sequence editor encountering an error and shutting down?

No problems with either version. I run Win7 32 and 64bit. You might load Task Manager and watch CPU and Memory?

I will have to do so but after last evening it seems it may do it after I run the Super Star SE and then run the LOR SE.

I will have to watch and see if that is the case or or not.

I am jumping between SE and SS. Closing, opening, closing, opening, Paint, save. Nary a problem.

colonel,

Have not been able to get back to laptop. Maybe tomorrow can try again.

Ed

colonel,

I discovered something today, if I run SS and the SE at the same time that is when

the SE gets the error and shuts down. If I only have the SE open it runs fine with no

problem. At least in the last hour of working on the problem it's acted like this.

Ed

Ed Slonka Jr wrote:

I discovered something today, if I run SS and the SE at the same time that is when

That is a file open problem. 2 programs trying to access the same file. First one wins! SS and SE are 2 different programs and they won't share files. That is why SS has the export feature. Try closing one when you go into the next one and vice versa.

I use SE then save and close. Then open SS, roll the dice, tweak, save, export and close. Reopen SE and use Paint to put the SS into my programs. Try it that way! Suspect it is a large leap and version 5.x before it all is one program.