Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Pixels with Red and Blue Reversed

Shubb

I just got my order from Ray Wu and got everything hook-up and running. Sorta.
I got these LED Pixels:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/547622306-led-pixel-module-3pcs-5050-SMD-with-WS2801-IC-45mm-diameter-DC12V-input-wholesalers.html

and these DMX decoders:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/440556828-Mini-protocol-Decoder-DMX-to-WS2801-512-dmx-address-decoded-wholesalers.html

Using the Enttec Open USB adapter when I run the sequence editor the pixels work in the right order, but blue and red are reversed. Green is correct.
I hooked-up two sets of pixels with the same results,

Anybody out there with more experience have any input?

Thanks,

Scott

Chances are very good it isn't the contrller or software it is the pixels. I always say "order at your own risk with China" and this is case in point. If the diodes are reversed in the actual LED this could happen.

Do you have any other pixels that you know are correct to test?

Greg

You may need to 'unlock' and reorder the channels so that your channel order is 1,3,2 instead of 1,2,3 to flip the blue and green channels inside the Rgb channel config.

I have several strips fom china with a similar issue and needed to do this on each Rgb channel for these pixel strips.

No, I don't have any other sets.
This is the first I've played with them. Both sets of pixels I ordered do the same thing.

Ok, if I go in and re-assign channels to 3,2,1,6,5,4,9,8,7 ect... they work correctly. Sorta. I guess that will have to do

Ok than that confirms it...the LEDs are wrong. You can do what flogger said but that seems annoying. I would contact the supplier and make him replace them...you paid for the correct product you should get it.

Greg

Unless you specified the color order as a special order when you ordered from ray, a different color order is generally not considered a defect.

If you setup the channel config once correctly, you can export and import it across sequences. It's a bit of a pain, but probably less time and energy than shipping back to china and waiting for new ones. Anyway, that's what I did with my BRG pixel strips...

It took me about 15 minutes to change all the channels (120) it was kinda sucky to have the "autofill" and then have to manualy reset each one, but from what I hear that is typical. They are fun to play with, but I did notice a some strange colors every now and then. If I do a fast white chase some of the last pixels turns yellow before shutting off. I hope they aren't too noticable during the show.

This is common for many chinese pixel lights. The orientaion of the RGB is not always RGB. Most hardware and software allow you to change this easily so its never a real issue for many, but unfortunatly its a very manual process when using LOR S3 and cheap chinese controllers. I would think this would be a very easy addition to LOR s3 to be able to change the orientation of the RGB arrangement, maybe LOR may add it one day soon.

• The topic was locked