Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 game time

Guest Don Gillespie

SteveMaris wrote:

Not sure what vaporware is, but it sounds cool and I want it.

Check your inbox.

Enjoy!

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Are we talking about the "hobby" version or the other one???

I don't know, the one LOR is going to have for us.

Don Gillespie wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Are we talking about the "hobby" version or the other one???

I don't know, the one LOR is going to have for us.

Dan did mention the "hobby" version would be the first to be released.

At the risk of getting jumped on (as I seem to of late in LOR forums by people with no sense of humor), LOR has a long history of getting everything right on their software and hardware ... other than release dates.

The hardware works and works well, the software works and works well .. but the release dates seem to be (at times) wildly optimistic. There is probably more than one reason for delaying releases on hardware and software, but the point is we're still waiting on some items that were promised a long time ago.

Don't have a problem with this, it's just an observation.

Guest wbottomley

mmaness wrote:

At the risk of getting jumped on (as I seem to of late in LOR forums by people with no sense of humor), LOR has a long history of getting everything right on their software and hardware ... other than release dates. 

The hardware works and works well, the software works and works well .. but the release dates seem to be (at times) wildly optimistic.  There is probably more than one reason for delaying releases on hardware and software, but the point is we're still waiting on some items that were promised a long time ago. 

Don't have a problem with this, it's just an observation. 

You made a great observation. I fully agree.

The good thing is... my grandchildren will get to enjoy the toys promised many years earlier. :P

Just remember what I said earlier, and look at the flip-sides:

For a million bucks, I'll have whatever you want done as fast as my fingers can type. I won't even sleep. (correct & timely ain't cheap!)

If you want it tomorrow, we can do that too. But it probably won't work. (cheap & timely ain't gonna be correct)

DevMike wrote:

Us software type people have an expression:

CheAp. Correct. Timely.

Pick any 2.

As we ask our customers: "How bad do you want it? Because the worse you want it, the worse you will get it."

Guest guest

My bigger concern is whether LOR E1.31 will get here before those RGB strobes.

Anybody get their order of those things yet? Sent my paypal and now the website has just disappeared...:P

Guest Don Gillespie

DonFL wrote:

My bigger concern is whether LOR E1.31 will get here before those RGB strobes.

Anybody get their order of those things yet? Sent my paypal and now the website has just disappeared...:P

Are you kidding me, I sent them money also haven't heard back wt

I'm going for June 18th for the hobby version to get us started with sequencing, with the hardware to follow sometime in August. Almost enough time to have it ready for xmas 2012...