Light-O-Rama Forums

I just blew a fuse

mf123

Radio shack, hardware store, Do you have any idea why it blew?? Make sure you get the same type of fuse.

Just remember Matt, the fuses are there for YOUR safety. Do not bypass them no matter how tempting, bad things can happen to you and your controller if you do.

im so stuped.........................................................................................

i feel like an idiot....................................

i was using metal pliers and SOMEHOW they got unter the board and connected 2 thing that shoodent have been connected and blew the fuse.............

idk if it will work =( and i'm relay sad.

i'm a bit of work aren't i.

I think the best thing you can do is seek adult electrical supervision! Really... You are gonna burn down your parents house!

mf123 wrote:

im so stuped.........................................................................................

i feel like an idiot....................................

i was using metal pliers and SOMEHOW they got unter the board and connected 2 thing that shoodent have been connected and blew the fuse.............

idk if it will work =( and i'm relay sad.

i'm a bit of work aren't i.

Out of curiosity, what were you doing prodding around a LIVE board with a pliers? Sounds like it's fortunate it was only a blown fuse and not a shock.

I hope you figure out that electricty is not a play toy before you , A. Burn something down ,B. Shock yourself, or worse kill yourself or someone else. At the rate you are going you will not get a show running. Read alot more before you try something again. What good are new controllers and lights if you burn the house down or kill yourself??????????

Hey Matt, the important thing is that you are OK and the fuse did its job. In the process I bet you learned a little more too, that's what counts. Most of us "old timers" learned the same lessons the same way, I don't even want to tell you the things I was sparking and blowing up at your age.
Is the controller ok?

Jim Saul wrote:

Hey Matt, the important thing is that you are OK and the fuse did its job. In the process I bet you learned a little more too, that's what counts. Most of us "old timers" learned the same lessons the same way, I don't even want to tell you the things I was sparking and blowing up at your age.
Is the controller ok?

I'm not an lot-timer here, by any stretch, but learned some stuff the hard way myself before I got into this hobby. Luckily, no fires started, nothing hurt (except maybe my ego), but much learned. I take electricity much more seriously now as a result. Be careful with this stuff. You and your parents will be glad you did. :P

idk if the controller still works... i just want to know what fuse to get to test it again. and HOPE it still works...

i also wasn't using them when it was on. but i forgot to put them away and they ended up under the board... :P:( :( :( :?
:X

idk if the controller still works... i just want to know what fuse to get to test it again. and HOPE it still works...

i also wasn't using them when it was on. but i forgot to put them away and they ended up under the board... :P:( :( :( :?

Guest wbottomley

I caught hell for saying this one time but this thread re-enforce's my stance. You need a basic understanding in electricity and computers. If you don't have both, find another hobby. Electricity can and will kill.

What did you ever figure out was wrong with the controller last year??? It is the same one or a different one?? Do you have both cords plugged in???

i do have a understanding of electrical devices and computers.
that's why i'm doing this at the age of 14...
i'm the best in my grade and you caught me being stupid.
i understand the dangers of this. {and the rewards} and i hope that my board is still working.

i just hope i'm a little smarter in the future.

Attached files 314939=17201-troll.bmp

mf123 wrote:

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Just a careless moment that we all have, unfortunately...

If all that happened was you shorted from power to ground, your board should be fine. If something else got shorted out as well, then all bets are off...

I hope it works. Do you have another controller? If so, you can borrow a fuse from that one and check the board out to alleviate your worries (or confirm them)...

I have found these fuses before in Home Depot and Lowes, but they were in the appliance dept , with the Microwave ovens. Better still to just order them from LOR.