Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie needs show editer trigger help

tjflory

• 1 month later...

Will this work? I don't see why not. Give it a try, and let me know how it works.

It works great for me. Thank you so much for this idea. I would never have thought to try that.

I've seen a number of people with the same problem and it seems worth doing a feature request for. There have got to be quite a few of us folks who want to have "ambient" sequences running until someone hits a button, which starts a series of sequences.

It works great for me. Thank you so much for this idea. I would never have thought to try that.

I've seen a number of people with the same problem and it seems worth doing a feature request for. There have got to be quite a few of us folks who want to have "ambient" sequences running until someone hits a button, which starts a series of sequences.

Yes, it works BUT, I discovered this year that the annimation sequence will override and turn off other channels that aren't commanded regulary, IF you use your whole hardware profile in the annimation. I discovered it when I ran the show and was doing the "Snoopy" Red Baron Christmas. Part way through the song, snoopy shut off even though it was commanded on the whole time. I had to remove all channels from the annimation other than the ones running in the background that I wanted to run.

I discovered this year that the annimation sequence will override and turn off other channels that aren't commanded regulary,.... I had to remove all channels from the annimation other than the ones running in the background that I wanted to run.

Remember that an "off" command is just another LOR command. If you have two sequences running at the same time that control the same channel, the show player doesn't assume that one sequence takes precedence, or that some commands, like "fade" or "shimmer", are more "important" than other commands, like "off". The controller can't tell from which sequence a command comes, so it just does the last one it receives. Until you add other commands, a new sequence contains nothing but an "off" command at 0:00.00 for every channel.

The BAT files I included above had a bunch of backslash symbols that this forum software ate. Anyone who wants to implement what I have sent will have to figure out where to put them.