Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie needs show editer trigger help

tjflory

Greetings.

Using show editor, I have a couple of sequences that run (musical tab) constantly. Under the interactive tab I have a group containing a jukebox with several sequences in it. (trigger 1) When i hit the trigger it plays only one of the jukebox sequences, then returns to playing the sequences in the musical tab. How do I play several sequences with a single button push?

What I'm trying to do is play a loop of low action sequences until someone comes along and hits the button (trigger 1) then have it play several full action sequences before returning to the loop of low action sequences.

Thanks in advance!

tj

As I understand it, that's just how it works. One way around it would be to combine the multiple sequences into a single, longer sequence.

I was contemplating the same thing...having it run an animation sequence continuously (for the first night only) then upon a trigger, have it switch to a full blown sequence and run those the rest of the night during the show schedule. I've got the trigger set up on the floor in my office, so I'll try various combinations and see if I can convince it to run this way. The show scheduler is the problem in that I don't think it'll allow more than one show to be scheduled at the same time, that overlap each other. I'll play with it but I'm no expert here!

Can anyone tell me how to combine multiple sequences into one?
I do not see it in the help stuff.

Thanks!

tj

tjflory wrote:

Thanks!

tj

In order to combine multiple sequences into one, you would need to use an audio editor to combine the MP3/WAV files into one music file.

You would then have to copy/paste the sequence events (and timings) from each individual sequence into the new combined longer sequence.

Hmmm.

That doesn't seem like a very good work around. Do you have any comments on my original question/problem? (show editor trigger help)

Thanks!

tj

So far, I've had no luck. I did send a software suggestion for changing this to LOR, but nothing will allow the triggered show to override any other show. Now changing the show contents will force a playing show to gracefully shutdown and restart but that's a long ways off the path.

I'm just thinking here...

Have your trigger run a "Magic Toy" sequence that has a "Windows Command" (BAT file) associated with it.

This BAT file will copy a different show (LSS file) over the one currently playing. This will be noticed by the show player, which should gracefully shut it down and start it up again. (Someone should check if this is the case.)

The new show will not have any triggers, but its last Musical sequence will run a different BAT file that copies the first show over the current one. When that sequence finishes, it should gracefully shut down and restart the first show and you're back at the beginning.

tjflory wrote:

Thanks!

tj

Have you checked out the "Show Editor" yet? This is where you set up the show, listing all the individual sequences that you wish to run. The "Show Controller" will run the show for you. You also need to set up the show in the "Show Scheduler" as well.

I'm sorry, I didn't read the original post properly. My apologies. I've not played with it in this area yet but the "Soundboard" option might be what you need.

HELP!! Anyone?

I have water fountains and cannons in my show. As to not waste water, I don't want to run the water sequences until someone pushes the button (trigger1)

What I'm trying to do is play a loop of low action sequences (non water) until someone comes along and hits the button (trigger 1) then have it play several full action (with water) sequences before returning to the loop of low action (non water) sequences.

Using the show editor, I have a couple of sequences (non water) that run (musical tab) constantly. Under the interactive tab I have a group containing several sequences (with water) in it. (trigger 1). While the show is running the musical tab sequences work fine but when I hit the trigger it plays only one of the interactive sequences, then returns to playing the musical tab sequences. How do I get it to play all of the interactive tab sequences before returning to the musical tab sequences?

I have tried both jukebox and soundboard interactive tab groups.

Thanks in advance!

TJ

tkaflory@cox.net wrote:

but when I hit the trigger it plays only one of the interactive sequences, then returns to playing the musical tab sequences. How do I get it to play all of the interactive tab sequences before returning to the musical tab sequences?

That's the way it's designed.

I'm convinced my way will do what you want. Here are some more ideas on how to implement it.

In the scheduler, schedule a show called "Christmas.lss" to run when you want your show to run.

Create two show: non-water.lss and water.lss. Copy non-water.lss to Christmas.lss.

Create a sequence called "water-start.lms." It could be very short, or have a voice announcement saying: "Please wait for the water show to start." In this sequence, create the following Windows command:
COPY C:Light-O-RamaSequenceswater.lss C:Light-O-RamaSequencesChristmas.lss

(Replace the directory names with whatever you are using.)

In the non-water.lss show, create an interactive sequence that will play water-start.lms when the button is pressed.

The water.lss show will have the water sequences in the Musical tab.

In the last sequence in the Musical tab in the water.lss show, use this Windows command:

COPY C:Light-O-RamaSequencesnon-water.lss C:Light-O-RamaSequencesChristmas.lss

Also include this windows command in a sequence in the Shutdown tab, in case the show is playing when it's time to shut down for the evening.

Will this work? I don't see why not. Give it a try, and let me know how it works.

• 1 month later...

Steven.

I tried your idea and it didn't work. I verified the paths & files were good.

It seemed like the DOS commands weren't working or the copied (replaced) shows weren't the ones being executed.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts!

tj

I just tried the copy idea and found that it does work. That is, if the contents of the show changes, the player will shut it down and start the new contents. The show logs looks like this:

4:15:00 PM: Starting Musical: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesGhostbusters.lms
4:15:35 PM: Current show's contents have changed
4:15:35 PM: Clearing triggers
4:15:35 PM: Current show is entering shutdown mode
4:16:53 PM: Ending Musical: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesGhostbusters.lms
4:16:53 PM: Loading sequence: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesHalloween Shutdown.las
4:16:53 PM: Exporting compressed sequence for C:Light-O-RamaSequencesHalloween Shutdown.las
4:16:53 PM: Starting Shutdown: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesHalloween Shutdown.las
4:17:23 PM: Ending Shutdown: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesHalloween Shutdown.las
4:17:23 PM: Loading sequence: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesoff.las
4:17:23 PM: Exporting compressed sequence for C:Light-O-RamaSequencesoff.las
4:17:23 PM: Starting Shutdown: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesoff.las
4:17:24 PM: Ending Shutdown: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesoff.las
4:17:24 PM: Stopping Background: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesHalloween Background.las
4:17:24 PM: Ending Background: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesHalloween Background.las
4:17:24 PM: Finished show: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesshow.lss
4:17:24 PM: Starting show: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesshow.lss
4:17:24 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesChristmas Background.las.lcs
4:17:25 PM: Starting Background: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesChristmas Background.las.lcs
4:17:25 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesboth.las.lcs
4:17:25 PM: Starting Startup: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesboth.las.lcs
4:17:26 PM: Ending Startup: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesboth.las.lcs
4:17:26 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesJoy to the World.lms.lcs
4:17:26 PM: Starting Musical: C:Light-O-RamaSequencesJoy to the World.lms.lcs

For my test, I scheduled a show named "Show.LSS" to run, and then obviously copied my Halloween show to it. As soon as I copied the Christmas show over the same file, the show player noticed it, shut down the Halloween show, and started the Christmas show.

So that part works.

The part that's not working for you is the running of the BAT files, or something in the BAT files is not working. The way to diagnose that problem is to use "Normal" window style (in the sequence editor), which will make sure it shows what's happening. Then, in the last line of your BAT file, put the command "PAUSE". This will make it say "Press any key to continue . . ." and leave the window up so you can see what went wrong.

Speaking of what went wrong, at least on Windows 7, when you use the COPY command to overwrite the current show, windows will prompt you if you want to overwrite the file. Obviously, this won't work in a BAT file, so you have to use the "/Y" option to COPY to make it not ask.

There is absolutely no reason why you can't use this method to make LOR do exactly what you want. It just needs some debugging.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Can you show me what your dos command line(s) look like?

I also tried the /Y

How do you have your sequence loading set in the show editor?

tj

My BAT file looks like this:

copy /y C:Light-O-RamaSequencesChristmas.lss C:Light-O-RamaSequencesShow.lss
pause

My Windows command looks like this:

Attached files 320864=17494-Windows Command.png

Pheasant Pharts!

Goofed on my BAT commands.

Works great now!

U Da' Man!

Next time I'm in California, I owe you some beers!

tj