Light-O-Rama Forums

My First LOR Sequence

ThatDJTroy

CKSedg wrote:

Steven wrote: Technically, traditional Christmas is 12 days.

In the Christian church (which had a good deal to do with Christmas), the Advent season starts on Advent Sunday, near the beginning of December.  This season looks and sounds like Christmas.  The Christmas season lasts until Epiphany (January 6).

Or at least from Thanksgiving until New Years' Day!

I start my lights sometime around Thanksgiving and end on the Feast of the Three Kings (The Epiphany). The twelfth day of Christmas is the 5th. Most people in my area are done with their lights by New Year's Day.

I don't think many people are putting up a Halloween display for just one night.

This is my first major song for this coming season, my wife bought me a 16 channel wow system for my birthday in november and basically put it up as per the box instructions, have since bought 3 more controllers, and a few more songs, and now I am coding my own to fit my yard.

I really like your setup, great work! next the I need more controller bug will get ya ;-)

• 1 month later...

plasmadrive wrote:

"I had this idea but no clue how to achieve it for Halloween. Since my house is a two story and a downward hillside behind it, I was thinking...lol, yeah, that gets me into trouble real fast...lol...anyway, Having a very large dragon head coming up over the roof of the house from the rear with its head only sticking up and out over the roof. Breathe fire as long as it didn't set the roof on fire. Need some Disney Imagineers to do it and a whole lot of money. Too much work for just one night but it would be cool."

The is exactly what one of my projects was going to be before I move from my last house.  It was a two story but the garage had a section that was just one story and big enough to do the dragon.

Pneumatic cylinders for the movement, Red LEDs for the eyes to glow and then just before the fire would shoot, green lasers shooting out of the eyes, I have a large fog machine I was going to use for the smoke.. Propane for the fire..  watering system for the roof! 

It was going to have a wire frame and the skin would look much like a Chinese dragon.  I figured out the roof mounting, the movement mechanics and the propane.. I had not figure out the dragon skin,  I also didn't figure on us moving..  

I never did do it.. but what you described brought back that memory.. Please make it happen and share some pictures so I can relive that dream!  

I have had a simular dream of a dragon on a 20 foot tall tower that blows smoke, the eyes light up and emits a godzilla screech, and then breathes fire. I want to make a cross between a skelletal frame made of old steel plates that I have saved up from welding over the years. I do not know if I will ever find the time to do it. I just keep dreaming about it.

ThatDJTroy wrote:

Hey All!
Here's my first LOR sequence. I've noticed the sound in the YouTube video is a little off from the lights. But anyway...

Very nice, Troy!

What are the three angel looking things over the house?

LORi P wrote:

ThatDJTroy wrote:
Hey All!
Here's my first LOR sequence. I've noticed the sound in the YouTube video is a little off from the lights. But anyway...

Very nice, Troy!

What are the three angel looking things over the house?

Thanks LORi. LOL! The angel things are flood lights on the back trees in simulation. I didn't notice they resembled angels until you asked. :D

ThatDJTroy wrote:

Thanks LORi. LOL!  The angel things are flood lights on the back trees in simulation. I didn't notice they resembled angels until you asked. :D

That's because you already knew those angels were floods!

you can put a picture of your house!!! I can't wait to get my stuff!!! hey I'm in concord, I noticed you were up the road from me... willing to help out another fellow newbie?

Looks good, Only comment would be, be careful with fast strobing of groups / channels as often when you look at it with the lights plugged in / set up it just turns into a moosh of light