Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB-08 Firmware

kevin

What is the difference between the CTB-08 board, the CTB-08S, and the CTB-08D

I have several of the CTB-08 boards with the 2.0 firmware. Upgraded the chips in 2006, I see where the CTB-08 highest firmware version is Ver 3.0 as listed in the LOR_DeviceFile.

Where the CTB-08S has a version 4.? firmware listed in the LOR_DeviceFile. (What is the CTB-08S board? Never heard of that one)

I know the CTB-08D used programmable chips to hold the firmware so you can use the Hardware Utility to flash the roms, up to the current 4.32.

How do I get my CTB-08 to use 4.32? I'm Looking to find a way to get my CTB-08 chips updated to current firmware of 4.40 or at least 4.32. So I can run them in DMX mode and do custom fades.

Just got some information from Dan. He says the chips are at only have about 3 bytes left, so V2 is the latest firmware for the CTB-08. However he did state that there would be a plugin adapter/processor that will upgrade the CTB08 to the Gen3 firmware level. He said it should be available late summer.

Thanks Dan.

I will be able to squeeze some more life out the the old 8 ch boards.

Still don't know what the ctb-08s is that is listed in the device file though, unless that is the new plugin adapter Dan said was in development.

I'm anxiously awaiting the CTB-08 modification myself. I have 10 of the things, five of them dating back to 2003, and most of the rest 2004. They still have a lot of life in them if I can get new firmware! :P