Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole House Trasmitter Gold Edition

CKSedg

shfr26 wrote:

Where is there sarcasm?  I guess I just don't get it.  I do not own an EDM, I have a MBB and love it. Would not change no matter what anybody said, even the "Godfather of LOR", and we all know who that is.:D

Sorry if I read something that wasn't there. I don't know Torqumada. I figured since more than a third of the posts in this thread were making fun of the whole house transmitter and then she thanked the community for not deriding her choice, that this was sarcasm.

Who is the godfather of LOR?

eurbani wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Where is there sarcasm? I guess I just don't get it. I do not own an EDM, I have a MBB and love it. Would not change no matter what anybody said, even the "Godfather of LOR", and we all know who that is.:D

Sorry if I read something that wasn't there. I don't know Torqumada. I figured since more than a third of the posts in this thread were making fun of the whole house transmitter and then she thanked the community for not deriding her choice, that this was sarcasm.

If you don't know and I tell you, I will have to kill you!!

i

i

shfr26 wrote:

eurbani wrote:

Gosh, I hope that was sarcasm! :P

eurbani wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
eurbani wrote:

Gosh, I hope that was sarcasm! ;)

Ask the Godfather.:P

eurbani wrote:

Be careful what you ask for - what's 'sarcasm' to one person might be 'public service' to someone else.

ill just say the main reason for ordering the EDM with RSD was the following from my post http://forums.lightorama.com/forum80/32868.html.
You are paying THOUSANDS for the lights and controllers (visual)...why skimp on the audio???

To me...Audio is 50% of the display...if they can't hear AND understand the music/lyrics...what's the point?

It's not just about coverage...it's about the quality...

go with one of the above mentioned...and DO NOT go with a cheap Whole House Transmitter.

Although I have never used a transmitter and have no way to compare them i will have to go by word of mouth and most of them here say EDM. and last don't get them started on part15 unless your init for the long ride.

I have used both Whole House and EDM.
Whole House (older one not the GOLD) worked fine for me.
It made it to the street just fine.
I upgraded to the EDM this last season and it it gets out further so you can hear the music in the school yard and the WH was mostly static the year before.

Now if I was buying my first one, knowing what I know, I would go with the EDM.

George Simmons wrote:

Be careful what you ask for - what's 'sarcasm' to one person might be 'public service' to someone else.

eurbani wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

Be careful what you ask for - what's 'sarcasm' to one person might be 'public service' to someone else.

Do you have any idea who you are talking to??

eurbani wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Where is there sarcasm?  I guess I just don't get it.  I do not own an EDM, I have a MBB and love it. Would not change no matter what anybody said, even the "Godfather of LOR", and we all know who that is.;)

He, not she.

Torqumada

oj70chevy wrote:

ill just say the main reason for ordering the EDM with RSD was the following from my post http://forums.lightorama.com/forum80/32868.html.
You are paying THOUSANDS for the lights and controllers (visual)...why skimp on the audio???

Because I am starting out and don't have thousands of dollars of spare income to spend on everything I want to get going. Right now I am working primarily on retiring debt and preparing for a family vacation this summer, before I have to pay for my daughter's braces this fall. So, I look for more inexpensive options. Free is pretty damn hard to beat, don't you think? I will eventually upgrade the audio, but for now it looks like this transmitter will fit my needs for next holiday season (Halloween and Christmas) freeing up some other money to be used to purchase lights or other props.

Some people here certainly have more free money than I do and/or have been doing this hobby for many more years than I have. They may not realize or remember that it can take others time to get up to the levels that they are currently at, if it is ever even possible for me to do that. I want to have a good display that everyone can enjoy. I don't want to put myself into hock to do so, well maybe a little hock. ;)

Torqumada

Torqumada286 wrote:

oj70chevy wrote:

Because I am starting out and don't have thousands of dollars of spare income to spend on everything I want to get going. Right now I am working primarily on retiring debt and preparing for a family vacation this summer, before I have to pay for my daughter's braces this fall. So, I look for more inexpensive options. Free is pretty damn hard to beat, don't you think? I will eventually upgrade the audio, but for now it looks like this transmitter will fit my needs for next holiday season (Halloween and Christmas) freeing up some other money to be used to purchase lights or other props.

Some people here certainly have more free money than I do and/or have been doing this hobby for many more years than I have. They may not realize or remember that it can take others time to get up to the levels that they are currently at, if it is ever even possible for me to do that. I want to have a good display that everyone can enjoy. I don't want to put myself into hock to do so, well maybe a little hock. ;)

Torqumada

I would Agree with you 100% am also not spending $1000s but will be spending between $650 and $900 on controllers, software and some lights this year. so what the heck i mite as well get a good EDM before I go broke. lol I too have my son that just got his braces and tell you the prices are outrages, and am going on a trip to New York this summer with the wife and kids. So yes free is ALWAYS GOOD! Like i said in my first post I did not take it as i had already bought one "BUT" if I had not I would of been all over it. And as mentioned I am also new at this and only ordered the advanced software and 1 controller for now. ill try and buy the other 2 controllers before Halloween so I can spread my money out. the only other thing ill be spending on is 20 strings on LED lights and some rope light to make my singing pumpkin face already had everything to make the frame. And as I will keep us posted on your progress. and good luck..

Happy lighting
Ralph

Torqumada286 wrote:

He, not she.

Torqumada

I'm sorry. I saw the a on the end of your name and incorrectly assumed.

oj70chevy wrote:

Torqumada286 wrote:
oj70chevy wrote:

Torqumada

I would Agree with you 100% am also not spending $1000s but will be spending between $650 and $900 on controllers, software and some lights this year. so what the heck i mite as well get a good EDM before I go broke. lol I too have my son that just got his braces and tell you the prices are outrages, and am going on a trip to New York this summer with the wife and kids. So yes free is ALWAYS GOOD! Like i said in my first post I did not take it as i had already bought one "BUT" if I had not I would of been all over it. And as mentioned I am also new at this and only ordered the advanced software and 1 controller for now. ill try and buy the other 2 controllers before Halloween so I can spread my money out. the only other thing ill be spending on is 20 strings on LED lights and some rope light to make my singing pumpkin face already had everything to make the frame. And as I will keep us posted on your progress. and good luck..

Happy lighting
Ralph

Spend what you can afford and no more. 1 controller with lights and music is better than none. You can always add on. If you have to worry about how much it cost, it ain't fun no more and that it what it is all about!!!!!!

• The topic was locked