Light-O-Rama Forums

I just ordered 2 CCRs I can't wait.

Box on Rails

Hello all
2011 was my first with LOR. What a blast I had but I needed more more more lights. I used one controller. for 2012 I have 3 controllers and just ordered 2 CCRs. I got the CCRs to use for leaping arches for my display. Is there any Tricks or tips for using the ribbons with the standard LOR controllers. I have the updated S3 software. Any help would be appreciated.

This stuff is so addicting. :) Is there a 12 step program for people like me :P:P:P

CCRs have their own independent controller. You will just daisy chain them in. The CCR controllers are NOT weather proof, so find a container that is water tight to put them in.

Can the controller be placed in a remote location where it's away from the elements or does it need to be near the ribbon?

Box on Rails wrote:

Can the controller be placed in a remote location where it's away from the elements or does it need to be near the ribbon?

The ribbon comes with a factory cable that is only 6 ft long- made to plug into the controller. There is a thread somewhere that some one extended the lead to about 2o ft. but I think there is a signal issue if you go much longer.

Steve