Light-O-Rama Forums

my first kit

cjjr

Just finished soldering my first kit!!!! Took a little over six hours to due and man I did not know it would be so much fun to do!!! Made my own heat sinks at work today out of some scrape alum that was being thrown out. Tested it with the hardware utility and everything works!!! I now have the bug! One controller is NOT going to be enough!!! Will order another one in a couple of month so that I have two for Halloween. Need to get going on layout and lights and getting sequences going. May have to borrow a few! Will be searching for sequences and songs now! My wife is not going to like the money will have to spend to get it all going, maybe she can help this summer by buying any lights she sees at yard sales!!! Going to build a talking face for Halloween and a mega tree for Christmas! I can see this is not going to end!:)

• Like 1

Wow, I remember that feeling like yesterday.

Tonight, my wife asked me why I'm reading the forum while I'm on vacation at the beach . . . because I love it ! ! ! ! !

Welcome to the addiction. There is nothing after the red pill, ha ha ha

• Like 1

cjjr wrote:

Just finished soldering my first kit!!!! Took a little over six hours to due and man I did not know it would be so much fun to do!!! Made my own heat sinks at work today out of some scrape alum that was being thrown out. Tested it with the hardware utility and everything works!!! I now have the bug! One controller is NOT going to be enough!!! Will order another one in a couple of month so that I have two for Halloween. Need to get going on layout and lights and getting sequences going. May have to borrow a few! Will be searching for sequences and songs now! My wife is not going to like the money will have to spend to get it all going, maybe she can help this summer by buying any lights she sees at yard sales!!! Going to build a talking face for Halloween and a mega tree for Christmas! I can see this is not going to end!:DWELL!
There fixed it for you. BTW make sure your dog house is well heated, cooled and the frig is well stocked. ;)
  • Like 1