• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timon

• oj70chevy

• PMC

• George Simmons

don t laff its true and yes i know of MR. Bottomley and the men in black suits showed up any time thay wanted to you had to watch out for the vans with the direction finder antennas on top thay usually travel in pairs it took 2 of them in the day to do triangulation of a radio signal (we were in operation 15 years and never shut down altho the teenage girl that lived 2 blocks away said my dad kept her from listening to her stereo

Tho I never owned a Moonraker, I did know a few who did. And it was a switchable vert or horz beam ant. Ah the good old days when I was ignorant of all of the rules and regulations. Just light up that linear and have a blast talking to people near and far. Shoot my first radio (C.B.) was bare foot and would get into the ladies electronic organ next house over.

max the fumiest thing i ever did on the cb was i was sitting in my dads car at my cousins graduation thay were using the built in pa system and i was talking skip over the pa my mom almost killed me

t purser wrote:

don t laff its true and yes i know of MR. Bottomley and the men in black suits showed up any time thay wanted to you had to watch out for the vans with the direction finder antennas on top thay usually travel in pairs it took 2 of them in the day to do triangulation of a radio signal (we were in operation 15 years and never shut down altho the teenage girl that lived 2 blocks away said my dad kept her from listening to her stereo

the way you talked about him on Christmas Carolina, I would never expected you to mention his name in any of your public posts.

I just ordered a EDM-LCD-CS and a Ramsey TM100. How well do you think it would work if I mounted the antenna in the garage above the door?

t purser wrote:

lol its called a moonraker cb antenna my dad had one back in the day he talked what thay called" skip"the radio signals would bounce off of the earth and the ionosphere and you could point this thing towards japan and talk to Europe no it wasn t legal but it was fun as ----

For years (30 or so) there was a guy who lived in the same neighborhood my wife grew up in that had a large CB setup. He had that style antennae. As a kid, we would drive by and joke that he was talking to mars.

Years later, my wife and I move into a house in the same neighborhood, one block over from this guy's house. One night I am sleeping when I suddenly start hearing voices coming out of the living room.:shock: Being reasonably sure the house isn't haunted, I crept out to the living room and discovered that the voices were coming out of the speakers of my computer....and it wasn't even on. :shock:

After listening for a few minutes, I realized that I was listening to radio chatter and figured it must have been skip coming from the guy the next block over. Any time the speakers were powered, but the computer wasn't, you could hear this guy talking to other people. It was a simple fix to be sure that the speakers were turned off too.

After a year or so living there, everything stopped and the antennas came down and the house was sold. I don't know if the guy moved or died.

Torqumada

Guest guest

JBullard wrote:

t purser wrote:

the way you talked about him on Christmas Carolina, I would never expected you to mention his name in any of your public posts.

Yup...says a lot about a person. None of it good.

JBullard wrote:

I don't know John... I've used William's name in vain plenty of times... who hasn't?

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

JBullard wrote:

I don't know John... I've used William's name in vain plenty of times... who hasn't?

At least using mine, that's giving someone else a break. :P

wbottomley wrote:

Boy - you must be responsible for LOTS of people catching breaks... :):D:D:D

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

wbottomley wrote:

Boy - you must be responsible for LOTS of people catching breaks...  :):D:D:D

LOL. They got tired really fast. That's when I took over for a heafty fee. Whether it's good or bad. At least my name is in a conversation. :)

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

t purser wrote:

john did something happen that we don't know about, tpurser fill us in what happened