Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom Fades

dgrant

I sure wish there was a simpler way to do custom fades than opening both help windows for fades and intensities. Such as creating a fadeup from %0 to %50 or a fade down from %100 to %25...have these on the tool bar or we could assign them to the tool bar. There is a button(s) there for fades on the twinkle or shimmer but nothing for just plain fades...at least nothing I can find that works easily. If I'm missing something obvious, please clue me in.

Check out this video.

The custom fades you create appear in recent tools. Right click on it to save them up to saved tools and that makes a button you can use when you need it.

The two little throw back floating windows to set fade and intensity remain something to wonder about what were they thinking. They get the basic job done but are way overdue for upgrading.

Thanks for the link. I knew about those main functions already. I agree, the fades department of the software needs some work.

Saving custom colors that stay unless overwritten in the color fade tool would help too. George send me a PM for a work around that I need to play with yet.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know this one--can you set a custom fade up or fade down without also twinkling or shimmering? It looks like the custom fade up & fade down have to always "go" with twinkle or shimmer.. ??? thanks!!!!

Yeah, its there but its not obvious. Don't use the twinkle/shimmer icon on the tool bar, but instead use the fade one which will bring up a special fade tool. Once you select what you need, it'll appear on the left in the recent items used.