Light-O-Rama Forums

A mini question to MiniDirector Designers!

pyrodigy

Hello Dear Experts
In my outdoor shows i would like to mount my minidirector in to the waterproof case to protect from damp. To write shows to the SD card is not good practise to me for each time after mounted to the case! So;
I would like to write shows to sd card through minidirector's Pinheaders which mounted on its own circuit board? or write to SD card with any formula which you suggest to me with out killing microcontroller ?
Is it possible to use this method without using directly its own SD Card?
Best Regards
Volkan

I am unaware of any method where you could use the Mini Director as a disk drive, nor write to the SD card while attached to the Mini Director.

Any reason why you can't keep your minidirector indoors (such as in the garage) and just run a cat5 cable from it to the controller? That way it won't be as hard to change the SD card (rather than having to go out in the display and open the case to change it). That way I just have 2 SD cards and easily change the card -- just take one out and put the other in.
If using an FM transmitter, that would also enable you to keep it indoors as well (near the mini-director) to keep it out of the weather.

Don Thank you for your promt reply.
First way in my opinion is ;
1- Computer > USB Cable > Modified Memory Card Reader/Writer (Mount this to the case)
2- Modified Memory Card Reader/Writer > Sd card Extension cable > Minidirector
Modified SD card reader/writer will both hold SD card and have out for Mini director.
But i wish to use;
Computer > USB Cable > USB to RS485 converter > Uart to SPI converter > Extension cable> connect to the Mini's Board
For example this link is easly explain how to interface SD Card. So to use this or similar method to interface directly Computer with Mini's sd card easly if i can able to use Mini's pin headers.
Sd card interface

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Any reason why you can't keep your minidirector indoors (such as in the garage) and just run a cat5 cable from it to the controller? That way it won't be as hard to change the SD card (rather than having to go out in the display and open the case to change it). That way I just have 2 SD cards and easily change the card -- just take one out and put the other in.
If using an FM transmitter, that would also enable you to keep it indoors as well (near the mini-director) to keep it out of the weather.
Actualy In my application i designed a portable case which have multiple RJ45 outs, show trigger buttons, rf receiver to trigger shows, 12v battery to power minidirector,battery charger and so on.
As i stated in my previous message i would like to protect to mini from Damp at the outdoor.
I just wanted to write shows in to mini's sd card with some other practical interface method.