Light-O-Rama Forums

Craig Marshall

ChuckHutchings

For those of you that knew him or read his posts:

Craig Marshall passed away last Tuesday at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tucson. No word on memorial services.

All,

Many of you may not know but Craig Marshall was an employee of Seasonal Entertainment for as far back as the company goes. Years ago we introduced a product called Blizzard and its design was the first product Craig put together for us. Before the company even existed I had an idea for a product, posted about and Craig took it from there. All the products currently offered by Seasonal Entertainment were initially designed by one of our own…Craig. I am not sure if many of you know how many products Craig truly had a hand in within the decorating community.

I had the pleasure of working with Craig for several years and really got to get to know the man. His knowledge of electronics is close to unmatched by many today. From his work experience within the missile industry to love for the holiday decorating community, Craig became a true teacher to me and taught me a lot of what I know today. While Seasonal Entertainment has taken on other employees and grown in size, Craig always stuck by me and the company always willing to design something new and assist in support matters. Craig has been very ill for a large portion of his adult life, but that never seemed to affect his love for the lighting community.

I have been in contact with Craig’s relatives and am trying to get in touch with his son’s. As I know more about his passing and any services that will be held, I will pass it along to the community.

Today we lost a truly amazing man.

Rest in Peace Craig.

Sincerely,
Greg Renna
Seasonal Entertainment, LLC

Craig's 'light' will quite literally shine on in many of our displays for years to come.

RIP, Craiggers.

Eternal Memory for Craig. You will be very much missed. But in Heaven, there is no amperage limit. Heaven will have the best display now and forever.

Yes truely a sad day.
I chatted with Craig in the wee hours of the mornings at times when neither one of us could sleep.
He was a very gifted and honest man that I proudly called a friend.
I had many chats with him and will miss his insight, humor, and his electronic knowledge.

RIP ole friend. May you be pain free and joyfully happy in the next world.

Guest wbottomley

No one mentioned that Craig was the inventor of the Cosmic Color Flood before LOR acquired it.

I still have the video he produced of the prototype today.

RIP Craig. I didn't know you hardly at all, but if all these bozos liked you, you must have been an okay guy.

wbottomley wrote:

No one mentioned that Craig was the inventor of the Cosmic Color Flood before LOR acquired it.

I still have the video he produced of the prototype today.

Glad to see that Craigers held on long enough to finally see the CCF finally officially be sold. I remember him defending the delay in release of that product even a few years ago. He seemed to hold it dear in his heart.

Another dear creation of his were his "LindaLights", named after a lost love from when he was younger.
62413_111714865554709_100001485894697_88032_1642943_n.jpg
62025_111713478888181_100001485894697_88023_1644613_n.jpg
Design process described here here and here

Surfing4Dough wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
Another dear creation of his were his "LindaLights", named after a lost love from when he was younger.

Craig was always thinking of others in everything he did.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Eternal Memory for Craig. You will be very much missed. But in Heaven, there is no amperage limit. Heaven will have the best display now and forever.

+1

It is very sad news that Craig has passed away. Craig was a very good and nice person. For the last few years he has known that he was living on borrowed time and his future would be a short one. He loved being part of the lighting community and other than his boys, trying to expand the options for decorators became the focus for his existence.

I really mean this! Everyone here should know that you helped make Craig's last few years a little better. The LOR users have made LOR successful and that allowed us to help support Craig and his family without the need to put any pressures on him to deliver anything to us.

Craig was really into trying to do things for the lighitng comunity and he loved it! This is an email I received from Craig shortly after we agreed that he would be working with us on some projects. I do not believe he would mind that I print it now.

To: LightORama Dan dan@lightorama.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:02 PM
Subject: Destiny

Dan,

This may seem strange to you, well you know I am strange, but it seems like my whole life has been put together for this time. Like all the experience and things I have done have led to here.

In the southern California mountains there used to be a place called Santa's Village, really one of the first theme parks. One time my parents took me there when I was three and somehow a picture was taken of me and was used in newspapers all over the country.

CM3YO.jpg

The caption reads that icicles hanging from the roof intrigued me but I think I was just trying to figure out where to put the lights!!

So my life started this way and am happy that it will end this way.

Craig

------------

rwertz wrote:

Thanks for sharing Dan. Craig always expressed a great deal of respect for you and LOR.

Thanks for sharing Dan

I had the pleasure of meeting with Craig at the Chicago Mini 2010 and hear him share how Grateful he was just for that day. Craig spoke passionatly the love for the holiday's and the projects he was working on. He made merntion of the secret one's still in developement without disclosure and drew attention & excitment from the ones listening! He was in my eye, a truely caring, selfless person that really just wanted to give back to the comminity for the blessings he had so freely recieved. And now I get to carry on his spirit by lighting my yard,home and neighborhood with the many products of his labor and love.

Thank You Craig and may the "LIGHT" be with you and all your families. You will be missed but not forgotten.:shock::(

Thanks for posting that, Dan. I'm sure he'd be happy you did.

Here's a pic of Craig at Carrie's house in 2010. He wasn't in the best of health then but he had a great time seeing those of us he met in Louisville in 2009 as well as meeting more new friends.

We plan to have a chair set aside in his honor this year.

Attached files .jpg"]313283=17121-522557_3630412727844_1499890091_3125974_370202294_n[1].jpg

Many of you know Craig and I were very close freinds. I am going to share a few things here that only a few know..I probably talked to him more than anyone else he talked to. Did we bump heads at times, Yes.. but somehow we always worked through..but we remained close friends to the end no matter.

Dan Baldwin

Craig thought the world of you and others at LOR. the email you posted was the more sensitive side of Craig..

Since you shared an email. I will share one myself. This was the last email I received from him...

Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:57 PM
To: ourmonkeyboy@***.net
Subject: Working on everything

William,
Just to let you know I have not been doing well, seen the CARDIO several times but because of the equipment Pima Heart has there on site, have stayed away from any overnight stays. I Have to see my PCP @0800 monday and that might turn into an overnight or two, we'll see.

Hope all is well, I am going to push very hard, one more time to get my health in line.

Craig
He definitely wanted to continue on. He removed himself from almost every forum/board and FB so he could relax more and focus on his health. But he did miss his wife, and I really think that is where he really wanted to be...

darrel and Chuck posted about Carries event in 2010. I picked Craig up at the airport, even though his health was not to favorable for that trip, he wanted to go, as he felt this was the last time he would see many of his friends...he was excited the moment he caught up with me to get the rental car, just like a little kid.... and on our way back to the airport, he was very drained, but still stoked like a little kid.. all he could talk about was how much fun he had.
The image Chuck posted was a set of lights he won in the raffle.. It was a box of c6 leds, when he got home he hung them up on his wall and plugged them in.. Last time I was at his house a few months ago, they were still there and plugged in....

There was things Craig worked on that I did get to see, but he never shared anywhere else. These were things he liked to tinker with for himself. Items like those crystals bulbs posted eariler. If I can get my back up drive to start working I will recover some of these items (NON LOR) and show some the images. He was working on a few things recently to help some close friends of his, and did have that project working, but just needed some little tweeks to meet his expectations.. His expectations to himself were always set very high. Since most of his work was with the defense dept, and items I see where his engineering standards weer higher than most..anything he created worked and worked well. Craig now has multiple LED flood designs out.

The CCF was one of his happiest moments, Thanks to Dan and Co., he got to experiment with some newer materials and practices. Trust me when I say the board that the LEDS are mounted to is NOT a normal circuit board.

Craig also did have a little glory with the LMFAO video where one of his designs were used.

One of his biggest play toys he made and shared in Chicago, was that 40watt monster RGBA LED! There was actually 3 of them, but 2 during testing, did not seat correctly and went into Thermal runaway.

Craig my good friend you will be missed not only by me but many others also....I hope you are looking down on us with a smile...

William[