Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I add CCP

PaulXmas

How do I add the CCP to thesequence editor?
Do I just add 2 Cosmic Color Devices for each CCP?

are the devices actually 320 channels?
Then manual mentions that they have 320 channel controllers
but then it talks about channels 1-157 per string.
so is it only using 314 channels?

Is string A then Channels 1-157
and then String B Channels 158- to 314

Also is there planned upgrade to allow you to add CCP that already has the RGB channels numbered and labels like the CCR but using 100 pixels instead of 50?

Next question is how do you get the visualizer to see 100 pixel CCP... when I add a 100 pixel CC-Device.. it adds two, 50 pixel string numbered 1-50 each..

how do i get it to be numbered 51-100?

I think we all are wondering the same thing...how to add the second string 51 - 100.

I "think" there is a major upgrade coming soon to Superstar Editor.

I wanted to do some different things with my CCR's and CCP's (I stumbled on this video and emailed it to Brian back in December) and I was told to hold on a while.

By the way, this house has $40,000+ worth of lights on it, 220 strings of their lights + controllers (see costs below) so...
I downloaded their software and created some morphs and then I emailed the company about costs, I wanted to do a matrix so I emailed them and for the controllers and 16 Stella Green strings, they are 16ft long with 4ft spacings 85 nodes per string the cost is around $3,000

I am waiting for Brian and I already started buying my CCP's from LOR because I think Brian can do a better job on functionality of the software and Dan will do a better job on the hardware

but, This is a cool video

And here is his Wizards In Winter, if you watch you can see if he would of spent a few more hours on the sequencing or customizing the auto-generated morphs this could look 100% better

Brian can give more details on the upgrade and its status

I did an upgrade, so I am at the lastest and greatest but still not sure how to add the CCP. I think you just add 2 strings and "flip" the first one. Once mine arrive I can test and will know for sure.

PaulXmas wrote:

I did an upgrade, so I am at the lastest and greatest but still not sure how to add the CCP. I think you just add 2 strings and "flip" the first one. Once mine arrive I can test and will know for sure.

There is a "dual normal" unit ID mode in the CCB/CCP controller. This is the default Unit ID mode. What it does is take the configured Unit ID and the configured Unit ID + 1 and make the CCB/CCP look like two CCRs. You can add a Cosmic Color Device in the Sequence Editor for each of the Unit IDs.

You can still address all the pixels on the first Unit ID when using dual normal Unit ID mode.

You can configure the first bulb string as 'Flipped' so that the two Cosmic Color Devices can be manipulated as a continuous string of pixels. This is also true when you address all the pixels on one unit ID.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

There is a "dual normal" unit ID mode in the CCB/CCP controller. This is the default Unit ID mode. What it does is take the configured Unit ID and the configured Unit ID + 1 and make the CCB/CCP look like two CCRs. You can add a Cosmic Color Device in the Sequence Editor for each of the Unit IDs.

You can still address all the pixels on the first Unit ID when using dual normal Unit ID mode.

You can configure the first bulb string as 'Flipped' so that the two Cosmic Color Devices can be manipulated as a continuous string of pixels. This is also true when you address all the pixels on one unit ID.

Ok lets see if I understand...

In the sequence editor I would add one CCP by adding 2 CCDs say ID 20 and 21 .

If I want the whole 100 bulbs to act as one string I would "FLIP" the first string in the HU.

Does the Sequence editor see the CCP-100 as two controllers?

I have a basic+ licence which is only valid for 4 LOR Controllers.

I have 3 regular controllers and 1 CCP-100

Do I need to upgrade my license to the Standard version from the Basic+ ?

PaulXmas wrote:

Ok lets see if I understand...

In the sequence editor I would add one CCP by adding 2 CCDs say ID 20 and 21 .

If I want the whole 100 bulbs to act as one string I would "FLIP" the first string in the HU.

Yes. Stretching the two string ends apart with string 1 on the left would put the controller in the middle, so flipping the first string would make the pixel furthest from the controller pixel 1. You could run a chase across all 100 pixels by starting at the top and working down and to the right.

Crazydave wrote:

If you use dual normal Unit ID mode, then yes because the CCB will appear as two controllers. If you use normal Unit ID mode, then no because all 100 pixels are on one unit ID.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

Wow this is new and a big deal. Thanks for the info John. Seems to me to be a great new option.
The QuickStartGuideForColorBulbs does not mention it and the HWU does not show this option. Or did I miss it? So it seems both SE add device and hwu CCx config will have changes when CCPs start shipping.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Crazydave wrote:

If you use dual normal Unit ID mode, then yes because the CCB will appear as two controllers. If you use normal Unit ID mode, then no because all 100 pixels are on one unit ID.

Ahhhh now I am confused! (easy to do)
What is the difference between dual and normal?
What are the advantages of using one over the other?

Am I to assume that this all has to be done while the CCPs are hooked up to the controller and PC and then use the HU? I haven't received my CCPs yet and I can't do anything with the hardware utility when no controllers are attached to the PC

PaulXmas wrote:

When in Normal Unit ID mode, the controller takes one unit ID. Channels 1-150 are the RGB channels for the 50 bulbs on string 1 and channels 151-160 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 1. Channels 161-310 are the RGB channels for bulb string 2 and channels 311-320 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 2.

When in Dual Normal Unit ID mode, the controller takes two consecutive unit IDs. On the first unit ID (the one assigned with the Hardware Utility) channels 1-150 are the RGB channels for the 50 bulbs on string 1 and channels 151-160 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 1. On the second unit ID (assigned unit ID + 1) channels 1-150 are the RGB channels for the 50 bulbs on string 2 and channels 151-160 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 2.

Since each bulb string is programmed exactly like a CCR, dual normal allows you to reuse sequences designed for CCRs on the bulb strings without reassigning the channels.

I guess I missed something. CCP (color control pixel ? ) I first noticed on the 2 minute sale last week. Is this another moniker for the CCB's or another product all together?

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/CB100D_Man_Web.pdf

This shows a picture of both, scroll down to 3rd physical page on the lower right and there is a description of both. I think the reason for all of the questions is, the CC Pixels were offered in the March Grab sale. I did not find the CC Bulbs, so I don't think they're available yet.

In essence, the CC Bulbs and CC Pixels are very similar in make-up but different in physical appearance.

Please, anybody correct me if I'm wrong in my statement. The last thing I want to do is confuse anyone else. I'm confused enough already.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

When in Normal Unit ID mode, the controller takes one unit ID. Channels 1-150 are the RGB channels for the 50 bulbs on string 1 and channels 151-160 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 1. Channels 161-310 are the RGB channels for bulb string 2 and channels 311-320 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 2.

When in Dual Normal Unit ID mode, the controller takes two consecutive unit IDs. On the first unit ID (the one assigned with the Hardware Utility) channels 1-150 are the RGB channels for the 50 bulbs on string 1 and channels 151-160 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 1. On the second unit ID (assigned unit ID + 1) channels 1-150 are the RGB channels for the 50 bulbs on string 2 and channels 151-160 are the macro and color effect channels for bulb string 2.

Since each bulb string is programmed exactly like a CCR, dual normal allows you to reuse sequences designed for CCRs on the bulb strings without reassigning the channels.

Looking for clarification.... The CCR macro channels are 151-157, I just want to clarify that for the CCB channels 158-160 will be unused (or have some new cool macro) and string 2 will start on 161.

LightORamaJohn wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

Ahhhhh I see said the blindman.

I decided to buy these when I saw them on sale and never paid attention to info about them before this. I will be using them to replace the 5 different colours that line my roof. May have to buy a few more in the summer....ummmm

Thanks John