Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple USB - setting port #

htebault

I want to add my X10 network device to the same computer LOR is on. Currently the USB/RJ45 is attached and listed at Port 11. The X10 device is also on USB - but does not list a specific Port #.
I have not tried to use the same Port 11 for the X10/USB thinking that would conflict. What would be the correct way to set this up?

The X10 device is working - I have a separate software that talks via the USB and does not use/need a port number to refer to.

I _think_ the issue is that the USB version of the X10 adapter is not supported, only the old (obsolete) serial version.

Hopefully someone will soon correct me if I have that wrong.

LightORamaDan wrote:

LOR only supports the CM11A (serial X10 adapter).

Dan

I have an , CM17A X-10 Firecracker Serial Module,{may be newer?/older? than the CM11A, I don't know}

Since this unit is also serial would LOR also support this unit like the X-10 CM11A or not?

Orville wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

I have an , CM17A X-10 Firecracker Serial Module,{may be newer?/older? than the CM11A, I don't know}

Since this unit is also serial would LOR also support this unit like the X-10 CM11A or not?

As far as I know they have different interfaces so it will not work.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Orville wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

I have an , CM17A X-10 Firecracker Serial Module,{may be newer?/older? than the CM11A, I don't know}

Since this unit is also serial would LOR also support this unit like the X-10 CM11A or not?

As far as I know they have different interfaces so it will not work.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I wasn't sure if it was the same type interface or not, so thought I'd ask to see if it was usable or not with the LOR line.