Light-O-Rama Forums

need to vent

james campbell

Well this is your chance to vent,I hate gas companies:X I have a s-10 with a four cylinder and still 45 bucks would not fill it up:X:X. don't they realize this is cutting into my display money. sorry such and soes. Why does gas shoot up but eases down after the market drops, greedy sobs. I feel a little better now,not much

I have a Ford F-150 supercab-long bed.
I fill up once a week and the pump stops before it's full!:X

Attached files 311614=17039-Gas.jpg

I hear ya Jim.
Really sad part is that there is no real firm reason for the prices to be going up right now.
Oh I'm sure some will jump in and tell us about some refinery that shutdown or production drop in East BeJesus somewhere.
But this is all due to the wall street speculators getting nervous over Iran moving into the Suez canal and making threats on gas (even though their threats are to folks who don't give a sh__t anyway).
By the way, this was all reported in several news publications about this and the fact that the current administration WANTS gas prices way up (yes read our current leader Obingbong there).
So everyone on the market got spooked and started to drive up the prcing even though the cost per barrel was dropping.

What a crock. And for sure now that this warm weather is early you can bet that there will suddenly be just a giant demand for gas (but don't consider that the demand for fuel oil for heating will now drop out earlier than normal). Marketing is a strange mistress and a tough demander for the common folk who just want to try and make a decent living and enjoy life and a few perks along the way.
Our wonderful government does not want that to happen anymore if possible. Too many ways to tax you and keep their perks from disappearing.

So don't feel too good yet. Wait till you see how bad this is going to get come Memorial day and through the summer.
Any bets on the price per gallon by next fall?

rstately wrote:

I have a Ford F-150 supercab-long bed.
I fill up once a week and the pump stops before it's full!:X

ouch!!!!!!!!!

Im frustrated with this as well, the price here in Australia went from 45 cents per litre to 89 cent per litre in 6 months. I wonder how they can justify that rip off.

I think its because they got enough people using gas now so now its time to pump up the prices to make even more mega profits.

I'm also grabbing my ankles from the health care increases besides the the gas prices. Everywhere I turn I'm grabbing my ankles!

Be careful what you say, this is one of those LOR non approved threads.

I hear ya folks, fortunately I'm in Florida and the gas is a wee bit cheaper than that F-150 price, but not by much, $3.88 here at the moment, jumped almost 10¢ overnight, was $3.79 the day before.

Yea, outr illustrious political morons are royally screwing us over with the gas "gouging", of course the gov't seems to be exempt from those "price gouging" laws that anyone else would get fined or possibly even go to jail for doing.

Personally, I think it's getting time to go back to a buckboard and a couple horses. I'm pretty sure Hay to feed them would be a lot cheaper than the current gas prices! Then again, maybe not....???

I just hope I can afford a couple more DC controllers this year. I was hoping to get an EDM this year, but not looking good at this point.

Ok, now it's a LOR thread, just needed to mention something LOR.

Orville wrote:

Personally, I think it's getting time to go back to a buckboard and a couple horses. I'm pretty sure Hay to feed them would be a lot cheaper than the current gas prices! ...

Not once they figure out how they can tax the hay more!

scubado wrote:

I just hope I can afford a couple more DC controllers this year. I was hoping to get an EDM this year, but not looking good at this point.

Ok, now it's a LOR thread, just needed to mention something LOR.

lol:D

Orville wrote:

Yea, outr illustrious political morons are royally screwing us over with the gas "gouging", of course the gov't seems to be exempt from those "price gouging" laws that anyone else would get fined or possibly even go to jail for doing.

Their not only exempt, they get driven around in style while we pay for the gas, the driver, the car, meals, and whatever other nice little toys they desire!
Isn't it wonderful that they keep giving themselves raises, perks, and pension increases while telling us to tighten our belts?
Naturally we have to tighten our belts to pay for their luxury.

Okay so I still want to try and do some RGB this year. Just maybe the front windows on the house for now to get some experience. Since I have a CMB-16 already, all I need is the strips to make it happen.
Maybe that darn Publishers Clearing House will call soon. You know I keep telling them how much it would save them to just go ahead and send me the check now!

beeiilll wrote:

Orville wrote:

Their not only exempt, they get driven around in style while we pay for the gas, the driver, the car, meals, and whatever other nice little toys they desire!
Isn't it wonderful that they keep giving themselves raises, perks, and pension increases while telling us to tighten our belts?

Okay so I still want to try and do some RGB this year. Just maybe the front windows on the house for now to get some experience. Since I have a CMB-16 already, all I need is the strips to make it happen.
Maybe that darn Publishers Clearing House will call soon. You know I keep telling them how much it would save them to just go ahead and send me the check now!

thats the truth, I love my cmb 12 volt controller as well, works very well with the rgb strips I got from ebay

West Ohio gass went from 3.82 to 3.99 in 2 days.. I feel the gass companys are doing it on purpose to make the people blame the administration.. Just my 17 cents worth. ;p

edvas69 wrote:

Im frustrated with this as well, the price here in Australia went from 45 cents per litre to 89 cent per litre in 6 months. I wonder how they can justify that rip off.

We are at $1.33 up here in Ontario !

Dave

I haven't done much sequencing for 2012 yet, one song done another started and that's it until I get paid from a job I'm working on. I don't want to spend too much time on it in case I have to rerun 2011 sequences. I did finish adding red and green to my mini's tonight. This weekend I'll get them hooked up to the controllers for some play time.

A friend of mine just got a 50W led in the mail from Ebay for night, carp shooting. WOW, does it put my 20 watters to shame. Waaaaay too bright for vehicle headlights, but awesome for lightning!

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Orville wrote:
Personally, I think it's getting time to go back to a buckboard and a couple horses. I'm pretty sure Hay to feed them would be a lot cheaper than the current gas prices! ...

Not once they figure out how they can tax the hay more!

That's why the ??? at the end, I didn't want to say it, but you're absolutely right, they'd find a way to tax the hay in the same manner.

Do they still pay Farmers NOT to grow food items too?

I think that has to be the "dumbest", and also the "worst" idea ever to date, not enough food in the world as it is and they pay someone NOT to grow food.

Just wodering if they still do that too?

beeiilll wrote:

Orville wrote:

Yep, screw the general populous while they continue to get everything. Now I understand where the term FAT CATS came from when referring to these governmental bozoes.

Guest Don Gillespie

Orville wrote:

beeiilll wrote:
Orville wrote:

Yep, screw the general populous while they continue to get everything. Now I understand where the term FAT CATS came from when referring to these governmental bozoes.

Well with all the dirty oil we have up here, its a shame you guys don't want it, LOL maybe when the big guys get their heads unstuck from their a$$e$ you guys will get cheap gas some time soon :P

Don't hate me, but here's the car I bought last year.

So far, driven 7000 miles, put gas in it 3 times.

Attached files 311707=17043-VOLT 001.jpg