Light-O-Rama Forums

Nutcracker: new effect, butterfly wing

smeighan

Donny M. Carter wrote:

When I try and open a saved lms file it says "the channel group is already in the RGB channel" and then it's just blank. What in the world am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Donny

Donny, I'm getting the same error when trying to load an LMS file into S3.

Regards,

davidt

Enhancement.

I now readjust your radian shift parameter so that it is a multiple of 2pi

You pass in a variable called $radian_shift. This is what cause the movemtn betweem frames. The issue is it was not an even multiple of 2pi over the rfames.

This corrects your entry.

$new_radian_shift = intval(($maxFrame*$radian_shift+0.5)/$pi2)*$pi2/$maxFrame;

some examples

radian_shift new_radian_shift
.01 .0785
.05 .0785
.1 .2355
1.0 .942
3 2.983
7 6.9865

You just pick values, ill make them into a multiple of 2pi and the max frames.

try Butterfly now, there should be no jumps.

thanks

New feature.

Butterfly now has 3 equations u can use

1) NumberedEquation1.gif

2) sin(x*x + y*y) / (x*x + y*y)
hidden.3.png

3) sin(x) * cos(y)
hidden.4.png

New option , butterfly fomula. Values 1,2 or 3

So , leaving all other parameters alone, here is formula 1 (our original butterfly wing).

_POST
username f
user_target ZZ_ZZ
effect_class butterfly
effect_name FLY_FORM1
window_degrees 180
frame_delay 50
sparkles 9
seq_duration 5
formula 1
radian_shift .05
start_color #FFFFFF
end_color #FFFFFF
background_chunk 0
background_skip 0
background_color #000000
submit Submit Form to create your effect

ZZ_ZZ+FLY_FORM1.gif

Here is formula 2
_POST
username f
user_target ZZ_ZZ
effect_class butterfly
effect_name FLY_FORM2
window_degrees 180
frame_delay 50
sparkles 9
seq_duration 5
formula 2
radian_shift .05
start_color #FFFFFF
end_color #FFFFFF
background_chunk 0
background_skip 0
background_color #000000

ZZ_ZZ+FLY_FORM2.gif

Here is formula 3, i kind of like this one
_POST
username f
user_target ZZ_ZZ
effect_class butterfly
effect_name FLY_FORM2
window_degrees 180
frame_delay 50
sparkles 9
seq_duration 5
formula 3
radian_shift .05
start_color #FFFFFF
end_color #FFFFFF
background_chunk 0
background_skip 0
background_color #000000
ZZ_ZZ+FLY_FORM2.gif

Found a few problems with the file and was able to load it with editing.
FYI The file structure for S3 is the same as S2 except for the Group levels which Sean is not adding.

Here is the source of the error message. The RBG channel build is dropping the channels. Cant add 0 zero more than once to rgbChannel.
Also note the missing name name=""

<-------------------------------------------------------

The first channel is pixel 3, skipped 1 and 2. But notice the circuit is 1. Should be 7.

One my 50 pixel string 49 and 50 are not included. Circuit needs to reset back to 1

Also the color assignments are wrong. NC has R and B flipped.
Should be R color="255" G color="65280" B color="16711680"

Ok.. finally after fixing 60 or so errors in notepad, I was able to open the file.
You can see the missing pixels for 1,2,49,50 and the flipped colors. Did not attempt to validate the pattern.

ncinlor1.jpg

It so nice out today I was outside working on some new outlets. Fit in a few moments to try the clipboard option.
It had only one small problem and looks pretty good. Please note this fix will not be needed soon. But if you are anxious you can do this work around.

Try this Donny.. In NC select create clipboard lcb instead.
You must save it to your LOR clipboard folder.
Then open in NOTEPAD to add one line. Add between and then save the file.

--- end of timing marks section
--- you are adding this line <------------------------
--- begin of channel effect section

Then you can load clipboard, select it, set paste option to Paste by time.

The clipboard has the same problem with pixels 1,2,49,50 missing. But otherwise looks good.
Coming along great Sean!

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Thanks Bob!! Maybe Sean will have some free time to add the fixes!
I plan on taking all of ItsmeBob input and fix my exports. i dont want any of you to have to bring the file into notepad.

Over the next week or so, i will see if i cant fet verything correct.

BTW, the thord formul pasted the same effect twice ina previous post.

Here is what the formula for sin(x)*cos*x) should have looked like

ZZ_ZZ+FLY_FORM3.gif

And the settings
_POSTusernamef user_targetZZ_ZZ effect_classbutterfly effect_nameFLY_FORM3 window_degrees180 frame_delay50 sparkles9 seq_duration5 formula3 radian_shift.05 start_color#FFFFFF end_color#FFFFFF background_chunk0 background_skip0 background_color#000000 submitSubmit Form to create your effect

I will be releasing the ability to copy images from the gallery and have them show up in your personal library.

this should be today or tomorrow.

thanks

ItsMeBobO wrote:

FYI The file structure for S3 is the same as S2 except for the Group levels which Sean is not adding.

Here is the source of the error message. The RBG channel build is dropping the channels. Cant add 0 zero more than once to rgbChannel.

The first channel is pixel 3, skipped 1 and 2. But notice the circuit is 1. Should be 7.

One my 50 pixel string 49 and 50 are not included. Circuit needs to reset back to 1

Ok.. finally after fixing 60 or so errors in notepad, I was able to open the file.
You can see the missing pixels for 1,2,49,50 and the flipped colors. Did not attempt to validate the pattern.

ncinlor1.jpg

Hi Bob;

An issue i have is that people define a target model that does not use all the pixels.

Let me give an example. If you have 50 pixels on a CCR and you say the spacing is 3" between pixels. And you gave me a height and diameter of your tree. Sometimes these dimensions dont all fit together. This is indicated, for example, if you have any red numbers on your target model.

Here are how the assignments are made. I always start at the top of the tree and go down, each pixel 3" apart. On many peoples models I arrive at the bottom of the tree after 48 or 49 pixels, not 50. Now if you had a BOT_TO_TOP topology, your first pixel #1, i have never seen in my animations. In other words i only have pixels 2-50. That missing pixel has a 0,0,0 value and no name. I need to change the order i produce the file and treat this unused pixels as part of the animation. Currently i am only outputting the pixel and string range that is the nutcracker animation file.

The color sequence in Vixen is
RED is the upper 8 bits in a 24 bit rgb value (16711680), GREEN is the middle 8 bits (65280)and BLUE is the bottom 8 bits (255). I guess i assumed that was true for LOR also. This is the code in Nutcracker of decoding the rgb values into r,g,b
$r = ($rgb_val >> 16) & 0xFF;
$g = ($rgb_val >> 8) & 0xFF;
$b = $rgb_val & 0xFF;
I will change the colors to match your request.

this is certainly a bug. I am looking into it now.

thanks.

PS: I also have to go thru the lcb file per your previous email. I just got back from a boy scout camping trip (my twin boys turn 11 on 3-30) so i will be busy this summer with many scouting activities.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bob;

i think i have all of these errors fixed.

I ran a butterfly animation with a 10 second duration. That 20 mbyte file loaded into my lor with no errors and i think it looks correct in the LOR sequencer window.

I still need to fix the lcb file, i have the ms file working.
thanks

ItsMeBobO wrote:

ncinlor1.jpg

Sean' date=' i gave this file a go and imported the LMS file into LSP V2, the file loaded without any errors.. The issue is that the controllers and channels imported as individual channels and not as RGB channels as one would expect and as you would have normally set up with RGB lighting so this may be something that needs looking into. Another issue is that the controllers missed the first 3 channels so the channel start is channel 4. One other note and this may be delibrate to save time for this example is that each controllers channel number are exactly the same. The controllers are based on LOR controllers which have controller numbers as where E1.31 and DMX use channel numbers and universes to map out the controllers not a biggie as this can be set up later manually by the user to his channel range, the issue is these are set in LSP as a light controller and not an RGB controller and if changing the controller back to an RGB controller turns all the sequenced channels white thus making the imported effect all white.
Anyway great work Sean its really coming along and growing into one awsome program. Thanks for the effort.

[ATTACH=CONFIG']13628[/ATTACH]

Hi,
missing the first pixel is because i do all animations locgically from the top of the tree (Nutcracker Pixel#1). When people build their tree targets they give me dimensions that dont work out evenly.

Let me give a simple example. If a have a 50 pixel string , folded in half. I have 25 pixels per strand. Assume you said 3" spacing between pixels. If you give me a height for your tree that doesnt add up to having a 75" hypotenuse. I will come to the bottom of the tree without having reached your last pixel. This is happening alot in peoples target models. When that happens i will not reach pixel #1 and pixle #50 while i am creating the animation.

I am going to maybe change how the target model works so that i ignore your height and just use pixels and the hypotenuse.

Anyways, that is why you see some pixels missing.

ill work on gettng it fixed.

I also wish i could do more for LSP.

Some performance numbers loading this lms file into both LOR and LSP.

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/sequences/ZZ_ZZ+FLY_0_0.lms
When i loaded the 20 mbyte file in LOR it took 8 seconds
When i load the same file into LSP it took 37 seconds.

I have an HP desktop computer
Windows Experience Index of rating of 5.9 (right click computer, properties to see your number)

Processor: Intel i7. 4 core, 8 threads at 2.67hz
Windows 7, 64 bit
Memory: 12gigs

Fast eddy made the point that when loading into LSP it has to first convert the lms file into msq. Then it loads the msq file.

Here is a video of me using LOR and LSP to load this sequence. Note: I have NEVER used vixen,lsp or LOR yet so there could be an operator error here someplace.

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/tutorials/LOR_LSP.swf