Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR FUNKY

friskybri

I was testing out 8 ribbons at once and when I made the animation sequence. I click on all 8 for 30 seconds to be white. 30 for each color. red green blue. On three of of them there where sections in red, green, blue that were not those colors. When I tested the ribbons with the reset button they worked fine. I took the three controller boxes back into the house hooked it up to a new sequence and the worked fine. Tried the other and got the same problems. If I drag all 8 ccrs to be green is it having issues in S3.

friskybri wrote:

I ran a config test and see its in legacy mode. I bet that is what is
yep that will make them act funky

friskybri wrote:

I ran a config test and see its in legacy mode. I bet that is what is causing the issue.
yep..I had the same issue and thought I had a bad controller...did not find out about the :legacy" setting until after LOR had sent me a new controller...Dan later said that they were supposed to be set to "normal" before they were being sent out and that they would check them closer from now on...

I checked only one and it was in legacy. I will check the rest when I get back from my trip. Thanks

jimswinder wrote:

friskybri wrote:
I ran a config test and see its in legacy mode. I bet that is what is causing the issue.
yep..I had the same issue and thought I had a bad controller...did not find out about the :legacy" setting until after LOR had sent me a new controller...Dan later said that they were supposed to be set to "normal" before they were being sent out and that they would check them closer from now on...

I did three for a friend last year and all three were on legacy,I was freaking out because he just got them around thanksgiving and I had no clue how to work them. but it was an easy fix

Jeff Millard wrote:

friskybri wrote:
I checked only one and it was in legacy. I will check the rest when I get back from my trip. Thanks

I have 3, and every one had to be changed from legacy to native out of the box.

Seems like a strange way to ship them, hobbled from the very start. Or maybe they want you to read the manual...

Jeff

I will double check things to make sure we start shipping them in normal mode (which I thought we were doing)....

Originally (years ago) they were shipped in legacy mode because that was the only way the software would support them. I agree it is a great way to get people to read the manual but not our intention (sorry).

Dan

We are mainly males and we don't need no stickin' manual or direction! : ):shock:

Dan, Just to give you heads up they are still shipping in Legacy mode. I just hooked all 12 up at once and had to change them all. No problem. Just to let everyone know I did read the manual 3 times before getting these last week. Nothing in there says what legacy mode is used for. User Manual Ocotber 9, 2009 V1.1 Unless this one is outdated that they sent. LOL.

friskybri wrote:

Dan, Just to give you heads up they are still shipping in Legacy mode. I just hooked all 12 up at once and had to change them all. No problem. Just to let everyone know I did read the manual 3 times before getting these last week. Nothing in there says what legacy mode is used for. User Manual Ocotber 9, 2009 V1.1 Unless this one is outdated that they sent. LOL.

Thank You for checking... I had checked and see that we are still shipping that way. I thought we had changed it about a year ago. We will change it now but it will likely be a couple months before the existing stock flushes out.