Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Tear Down Complete

Aaron Maue

OneHotRT59 wrote:

Plans for 12 controllers (192 channels) and 80 - 100,000. (already all in storage)
Which means setup in October !! ... Tear Down by the 4th of July :cool::cool:

I'm a 2nd year newbie as well, but didn't even think about that many lights. Can't imagine how much it cost to purchase that many lights. :shock:

Everything down and put up by Jan 15th. All 24 controllers and 150,000 lights packaged up in totes. This year we did buy a 24 foot covered trailer to store them in. Sequencing today and just got my C6 leds in for the mega spiral tree. Hope this idea works.

Ground is still froozen here. But I was able to remove my fence posts. I boiled some water and poured some in pipe left it for a few minutes, little wiggling and out they came!. Still have the rebar in the ground until the ground thaws in July!

PaulXmas wrote:

Ground is still froozen here. But I was able to remove my fence posts. I boiled some water and poured some in pipe left it for a few minutes, little wiggling and out they came!. Still have the rebar in the ground until the ground thaws in July!

Brrrrr!

We've had a warm winter/early spring here. For your sake, i hope that global warming is coming soon. :P

PaulXmas wrote:

...Still have the rebar in the ground until the ground thaws in July!

I have had good luck getting rebar out of frozen ground by attaching vice grips to it and rotating the rebar several spins (each direction) to loosen it from the frozen ground, and it usually pulls right out. I actually find it is more difficult when the ground is soft since the mud seems to form a suction against the rebar when trying to pull it out. Read that on one of the forums and didn't believe it until I tried it myself.

Better than 70% done. Mega trees down, all blow molds down, Santa and reindeer down, 23 tomato cage trees away and the four 5 ft artificial trees put in storage. Taking lights off the bushes, two down, 6 to go. All stored on reels.

Attached files 311751=17048-Roll of Lights.jpg

Tear down has been done for a while but not everything was stored, especially the new builds.

As of today, both 9' RGB exploding stars are mounted on the barn wall.

Attached files 311772=17051-2012-03-24_18-44-39_656.jpg

And the 28' LVL 4x4 posts with attached CCR's that the stars are mounted on are hung from the loft floor. ;)

Attached files 311773=17052-2012-03-24_18-22-55_852.jpg

Mine is finally done! I was down weeks ago for the most part. But the last bit was put away today.

Denise Brunner wrote:

Nice barn Tim.... got some extra space ???

Thanks Denise!

Yes I do but I have been doing a very good job of filling it up. I really have to plan better before building these extra large display props.

My display was down & put away the 2nd weekend of January & the only things left were about 20 extension cords that were buried under snow/ice.

Good weather, warm winter made for a fast take down. Kind of nice for a change, better than waiting until late May early June like most years.

I was setting up for my son's birthday party and noticed a Christmas wreath hung in the dining room. I think that is the last of it.

I was setting up for my son's birthday party and noticed a Christmas wreath hung in the dining room. I think that is the last of it.

Finally got the 5' wreath off the house yesterday and the pole for the mega tree last weekend...Just the lights on the house and star off the roof. Hopefully we will get them off in the next couple of weeks.

• The topic was locked