Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Control

Discotech24

Hey folks, just received my first DMX controller and strip from Ray. Had tonnes of sequences already done and now ti is not working properly. It appears that my Red and Blue are swapped from the default LOR software setting. Could this be a problem with my controller? It is an LT-DMX-2801 from Ray and a RGB strip with 2801 IC to control the 160 pixels on the strip. Of course all documentation that came from Ray is in Japanese so I can't understand anything. Any thoughts or tips for the dipswitch settings on the controller? I can't seem to find anything on the net. The only thing I can figure out is the FUN switch is to be on to then select any static colour or to have it fade between all the colours. HELP!!

Check to make sure it is not the strip that is wrong. I had a sample string that the blue & green were wrong on it.

It is running Data and Clock signal up the strip, not the RGB colours. It is a smart strip, each LED has aa IC to control it.

Thanks for the help. I have found that option and have already started changing them. Now I have noticed another problem. Pixels 148-150 do not light up at all, and 151 is showing wrong colours. If I put the controller in FUN setting all LEDs light up with all colours. What am I doing wrong? Is their some dipswitch setting for the controller that I am not aware of, everything was in Japanese when I opened the boxes today. :-(

Jeff Millard wrote:

There are 8 possible combinations of that order.

I believe there are 6 possible combinations: RGB, RBG, BGR, BRG, GRB, and GBR.

I have devices with 4 of them rgb, grb, rbg and gbr.

Collect brg and bgr and you'll have a Bingo!

Discotech24 wrote:

everything was in Japanese when I opened the boxes today. :-(

Techincally it is mandarin - but who's keeping track:P

That's a lot of pixels. Perhaps the voltage is getting low toward the end. Also, is the first pixel 1, 2 and 3? If you were starting at 200, 201 and 202, then you would be exceeding your 512 universe at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it out. Thanks for all the tips. I had addressed the channels wrong, gets confusing having to setup so many pixels.And the colour problem was in the strip, i guess as Jeff Millard stated, when you order from oversees it can come in just about any configuration. Blue, green, red in this case.

Figured it out. Thanks for all the tips. I had addressed the channels wrong, gets confusing having to setup so many pixels.And the colour problem was in the strip, i guess as Jeff Millard stated, when you order from oversees it can come in just about any configuration. Blue, green, red in this case.

• The topic was locked