Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Window - old skool

CLD Kevin

Probably most that now have S3 are using the visualize, so this is probably not a big deal to many. But I notice a change in the old “animation window”. When I sequence, I would open the sequence editor and animation window next to each other on the same PC screen (27”) so I can see both at the same time. I would zoom the animation screen to the smallest size, and then click on the double green arrow back button to hide the controls. The animation screen would auto shrink to the zoom size chosen, which would be smaller. Now when I try, it increases larger to the start up or pixel size...meaning I cant place the sequence editor and animation window next to each other and fit in the same screen. I tried using a second screen, but its still too large to fit on second screen. The animation window would hang over in both screens. Only way to simi get to fit is I have to leave on the controls and manually shrink the window itself, but leaving the controls makes it too wide for everything to fit nicely on 1 screen...2 screens okay.
Release 3.1.4

Kevin

In S3 is it possible to copy/export/import the animation window between sequences? I have several I am working on for my home, all with the same channel settings, etc.

Yes. In S3, as in S2, the animation window will be saved when you create a template file (LCC).

Kevin,

Are you aware that when you hide away the controls on the animation screen you can still change the size of the animation view by using the zoom in or zoom out buttons which are located to the right of the Stop button?

George Simmons wrote:

Kevin,

Are you aware that when you hide away the controls on the animation screen you can still change the size of the animation view by using the zoom in or zoom out buttons which are located to the right of the Stop button?

I'm a big knucklehead...didnt even notice it. Thanks George!

Wow !! Glad this came up and I did not even notice zoom in and out.. Thanks for the information.

I still use the "Old School" visualizer. I'm so old school I do not even have any ccr's or anything like that.

Actually I am not changing my show much for this year, just the trees themselves are being changed.

So for this year this old boy is staying old school.

DevMike wrote:

Not me. If the old Animator works for you, by all means use it. That's why we left it in there.

Well, I am glad you left it in.

If my house used Lor controllers and not just the deck & yard then I may of actually use the new Animator, but my set up does not require fancy drawings.

• 1 month later...

New lightorama user. How do you create a template file (LCC) for importing animations into other sequences? Then how would you import this template into a different sequence?

dpclardy wrote:

New lightorama user. How do you create a template file (LCC) for importing animations into other sequences? Then how would you import this template into a different sequence?

Open the sequence with the channel setup and/or animation drawing you wish to save

To create, in the Sequence Editor go to EDIT > EXPORT/IMPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION. Choose Export and give it a name and save it in the default location.

To import that into a different existing sequence, go to EDIT > EXPORT/IMPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION. Select Import and choose the name you gave above.

If you're creating a new musical sequence, after you select the music and get to the Musical Sequence Options box, there's a channel setup section. Select the use saved channel template and push the button all the way to the right. This will take you to the same default loaction you saved your lcc. Select the one you want and you're good to go.

dpclardy wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that a saved channel configuration will also save the animation?

Yes.

Not to be confused with the Visualizer. The Vis is bundled with the LOR software, but it's actually a totally separate program and not related to the animation in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there something wrong with the new visualizer? I've noticed a lot of people saying they are using the old animation one instead. I am really liking the new one, but if there is something I am missing or a negative thing about it, I will go back to using the old animation one.

No there is nothing wrong with the Visualizer other than a learning curve for a new item. I still have both setup in my sequences, but personally don't use the animation window any more, I think the Visaulizer shows a more true show look than the animator, but that's just me.

• 5 months later...

I'm decorating a park this year with 6 different displays. I have one finished and would like to use that to animate a different display. When I export the channel configuration, and import it into a new song, all my previous animation gets removed. Is there any way I can import the picture and channels without affecting the timline?

Wow I learned something from this post. Hiding the buttons on the animation window. DOH! I still use that. It would take me a while to convert to the visualizer and I always am running behind by the time I get to updating the sequences for the year.